4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2013 1:04 PM by A.T. Romano

I'm having trouble with logging in on Premiere Elements 8.

Nelsonator

I'm on my Lenovo Thinkpad X200 Tablet, running Windows 8 Pro.

I just installed Adobe Premiere Elements 8 on it, perfectly fine. But, when I log in, it will bring up this screen:

Capture.JPG

But when I fill everything in, it says that an error has occured and my data was not saved.

What should/can I do?

• 1. Re: I'm having trouble with logging in on Premiere Elements 8.
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Photoshop.com was an online media storage service, that was included with older versions of PrE. It has been replaced by Adobe Revel, and no longer exists, as it did, when PrE 8 was released. This FAQ section covers the suspension of Photoshop.com, and the start of Adobe Revel: http://forums.adobe.com/community/revel

As there is no longer an Adobe Photoshop.com, there is nothing to register for.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: I'm having trouble with logging in on Premiere Elements 8.
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Nelsonator

When and if you get that message or anything related to it, just cancel your way out as soon as possible.

Just make sure that you install the 8.0.1 Update once you have installed your Premiere Elements 8.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4653

I know from personal experience that Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 works very well on Windows 8 64 bit.

Important:

Work with the automatic Background Rendering and AutoAnalzyer features turned Off. They are major grabber of system resources.

See in Premiere Elements workspace Edit Menu/Preferences/General and the Background Rendering option. See in Elements Organizer workspace Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoAnalyzer Options and all options there (AutoAnalzyer and other).

If you have a GPU video card, have a check mark next to Enable GPU Playback in Edit Menu/Preferences/General. Depending on your video card properties, you should have access the the GPU video effects and transitions found under the Edit header/Effects/Video Effects and Edit header/Transitions/Video Transitions.

Please update us on your progress when you get a chance.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: I'm having trouble with logging in on Premiere Elements 8.
              Nelsonator Level 1

Does the update fix the problem I have? Thank you, but I can't figure out how to get it to update.

• 4. Re: I'm having trouble with logging in on Premiere Elements 8.
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Nelsonator

The frustrating part about this particular update is that Adobe did not provide for any "8.0.1" to show on the Welcome Screen or anywhere else after installation. The user is left with a message at the end of the download and install mentioning successful completion.

One of the actions of the 8.0.1 Update is to turn off the automatic background rendering in preferences. So one sign that the update is installed is finding no check mark next to the background rendering option in Edit Menu/Preferences/General. Unfortunately this 8.0.1 does not turn off the AutoAnalzyer which you have to do yourself in the Elements Organizer interface.

You can download and install that 8.0.1 Update with Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 closed. But the easier route is via the Premiere Elements 8 workspace Help Menu/Updates. But, if you cannot get into the program, so much for that alternative.

If you have Premiere Elements 8 closed, what is the specific problem with downloading the 8.0.1 Update from the Adobe link provided and installing it to your computer?

Without the 8.0.1 I found the program unusable. With it, it is a great program.

Back to the issue at hand, that screenshot message...I have gotten them out of the way by cancelling out without entering anything in the fields. All you should ever have to do maybe is to enter your Adobe ID and password and not in response to that dialog. You do not want to have anything to do with photoshop.com in this instance. If you have not already, close the program. Reopen it. If the message appears, hit Cancel or X. Do not enter anything.

I have no evidence to present to suggest that the 8.0.1 Update has anything to do with getting rid of the photoshop.com leftover.

Please left let us know what is happening.

Thanks.

ATR