I think you need to think out your design some. You specified nothing about the image sizes. You stated you want them put into an open psd file evenly spaced. Again nothing about the PSD Document canvas size or what you want done if the image will not fit on canvas or what to do it there is a resolution mismatch or color profile mismatch.
You may want to look at my Photoshop Photo Collage Toolkit. It contains scripts that can scale image into PSD template files and liable the image with their file name. And a script that can tile images into a psd document the script creates new. The code in these script may give you some ideas of what you need to do to handle image of any size and any aspect ratio.
Photo Collage Toolkit UPDATED April 30, 2013 Added border option to PasteImageRoll.
Photoshop scripting is powerful and I believe this package demonstrates this.
The package includes four simple rules to follow when making Photo Collage Template PSD files so they will be compatible with my Photoshop scripts.
There are eleven scripts in this package they provide the following functions:>
- TestCollageTemplate.jsx - Used to test a Photo Collage Template while you are making it with Photoshop.
- CollageTemplateBuilder.jsx - Can build Templates compatible with this toolkit's scripts.
- LayerToAlphaChan.jsx - Used to convert a Prototype Image Layer stack into a template document.
- InteractivePopulateCollage.jsx - Used to interactively populate Any Photo Collage template. Offers most user control inserting pictures and text.
- ReplaceCollageImage.jsx - use to replace a populated collage image Smart Object layer with an other image correctly resized and positioned.
- ChangeTextSize.jsx - This script can be used to change Image stamps text size when the size used by the populating did not work well.
- PopulateCollageTemplate.jsx - Used to Automatically populate a Photo Collage template and leave the populated copy open in Photoshop.
- BatchOneImageCollage.jsx - Used to Automatically Batch Populate Collage templates that only have one image inserted. The Collage or Image may be stamped with text.
- BatchMultiImageCollage.jsx - Used to Automatically Batch Populate Any Photo Collage template with images in a source image folder. Easier to use than the interactive script. Saved collages can be tweaked.
- BatchPicturePackage.jsx - Used to Automatically Batch Populate Any Photo Collage template with an image in a source image folder
- PasteImageRoll.jsx - Paste Images into a document to be print on roll paper.
Thanks for your feedback and here's more info:
-The imported assets should be actual size and not resized
- The placement of assets and file names can appear anywhere in the active document, so specific location can be centered in the canvas size is good enough. Mismatches in canvas size is ok. the active document color profile is usually sRGB IEC61966-2.1, be nice to match the imported assets to this color profile.
My understanding of script logic and proper structure is very limited where I will not be able to take these recommended scripts you suggest and come up with something that will work right.
I would appreciate if someone can help me script this instead.
It reads more like you want someone to to design and script this for you good luck.
And how is a canvas size mismatch OK if an image document canvas size is larger then your psd canvas size it does not fit two for sure will not fit nor will the rest. If an image has a resolution of 500dpi and your PSD has a resolution 300DPI resolution how do you handle the pixel size difference.
You need to handle possible differences unless you preprocess all your image to a know resolution with some maximum with and height pixel size.
If you want to put there into an open psd you need to specify how many go into it and the psd need to have a width that can handle the pixel width with some extra for border then some extra width for file name. Filename can be up the 256 characters and then there is font size to you need pixels for the text.
Then the height needs to be n times the max image height plus some pixels for borders.
I am not knowledgeable and dont understand any programming code, but last i checked...this is the place to get help on these things right? If it's too hard, then at the very least I tried.
Dpi is mostly going to 72 and never a higher resolution for these.
Yes this is the place to come for help. Many here will help you with your code. When you have no code or design specfications there is nothing to help you with. You don't even seem to understand size 72DIP is a resolution not a size. You need more then help you need to educate yourself about the basics of digital images.
your funny man, never said anything about "size" in my last post and only mentioned about resolution. you don't know me, I know a thing or two about digital images where i worked with photoshop for 20 years and do design as a proffession. alot of posts here dont have code as well and dont provide detailed or formal specs for what they want, its simply just a series of tasks in a process, so not sure what your talking about. what you mentioned about color profiles, location and canvass size is not really that important to what I need, that's why i never really mentioned those details before. again, ive seen alot of posts here that dont have sample codes and just need help with something from scratch.....
I know a thing or two about digital images where i worked with photoshop for 20 years and do design as a proffession.