12 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2013 6:43 AM by speedliner72

error message uploading to vimeo-"error", try again later"

speedliner72

I select upload to Vimeo for my movie and the processing begins and appears to be proceeding normally.  After some time passes and the processing is completed an error message appears saying only that a error has occured and that I should try again later.  Upon repeated trys the same error message appears after each attempt.  There is no suggestion about how to possibly remedy the problem.  Thanks for any help.  Fred

• 1. Re: error message uploading to vimeo-"error", try again later"
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Fred,

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system?

What is your project preset and what are the properties of what you have put on that Timeline for upload to Vimeo from with the program's Online/Vimeo feature?

Can you export your Timeline to file (with appropriate properties) saved to the computer hard drive and then upload that file to Vimeo at the Vimeo web site?

How many hours, days has this problem existed? Is this your first upload to Vimeo ever from within Premiere Elements (any version)?

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: error message uploading to vimeo-"error", try again later"
            speedliner72 Level 1

Hi ATR,  Thanks for responding.  I'm using Premier Elements 11, ver

11.0.0.0 and windows 7 home premium.  I did eventually give up on trying to

upload to vimeo using Premier Elements and instead published my movie using

the preset option in Elements 11 to save to my computer and selected the

option which saved it to my hard drive as an MPEG-2 and then uploaded it

using the Vimeo uploaded which worked fine.  I would still like to be able

to use the Elements upload option to Vimeo if you can help me trouble shoot

the issue.  The files I'm using to generate my movie were recorded as

HDAVI, 720x480, frame rate 30, data rate 2890 kbps, total bit rate 3402

kbps, audio bit rate 512 kbps stereo, audio sample rate 32kHz.  The footage

was captured on a PV-500 EVO mini video recorder.

In Premier Elements I used the EXPERT tab and just dragged the files from

my SD card on to the video 1 line below to begin creating my movie.  Once I

had cut out unwanted sections, adusted the level on some parts of the audio

and added a title and credits I clicked on Publish+Share aI nd selected

upload to Web/Vimeo.  I didn't make any adjustments to the set up of

Premier Elements--it's just what ever configuration it had when I

downloaded the application from Amazon.  If you need me to provide other

details please let me know.  Thanks again.  Fred

• 3. Re: error message uploading to vimeo-"error", try again later"
              speedliner72 Level 1

ATR,  I forgot to tell you that I purchased Premier Elements 11 on August

5, 2013 and produced my first movie on Aug 6th which I attempted to upload

to Vimeo and received the Error message, try again later.  Since then I've

produced two more movies and was unable to upload them to Vimeo using the

Premier Elements upload feature.  I did instead save these movies to my

hard drive a MPEG-2 files and successfully upload to Vimeo using the Vimeo

uploader.

• 4. Re: error message uploading to vimeo-"error", try again later"
                A.T. Romano Level 7

speedliner72

Thanks for the additional information.

What type of .avi file is the mini video recorder offering? I have done a google search. Best I could find so far are just the frame sizes and frame rates specs. Nothing about .avi and about the video and audio compression that are wrapped by the .avi format. Could you find out from a MediaInfo readout?

http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

I am not sure if that is going to factor into the Vimeo issue, but best to have that information in our troubleshooting toolbox.

When you set up the project, was the project preset NTSC DV Standard?

When you tried for the upload to Vimeo via Publish+Share/Online/Vimeo, what preset did you select? Vimeo SD or other? What is the time frame for the number of times you have tried for this Vimeo upload...for about a week?

For a comparison, can you try Publish+Share/Online/YouTube with preset = Flash Video for YouTube and see if that works for you or whether you run into the same issues as you do with Vimeo?

If you are pleased with the file that you produced for upload to Vimeo at Vimeo web site, fine. But, if you have not already, you might want to look at Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with preset = Vimeo SD. That will give you a AVCHD.mp4 file appropriate for your source.

Please review the above and then we can decide what next.

Thanks again for the follow up.

ATR

• 5. Re: error message uploading to vimeo-"error", try again later"
                  speedliner72 Level 1

Thanks again,  Here's the details of the files captured by the PV 500 DVR

I'm using.  I'll answer your other questions in a follow-up response.

Thanks, Fred

General

Complete name                            :

E:\MyRecord\20130808\FNLE0274_20130808201940.ASF

Format                                   : Windows Media

File size                                : 1 006 MiB

Duration                                 : 25mn 51s

Overall bit rate                         : 5 439 Kbps

Maximum Overall bit rate                 : 3 456 Kbps

Video

ID                                       : 2

Format                                   : MPEG-4 Visual

Codec ID                                 : M4S2

Codec ID/Hint                            : Microsoft

Bit rate                                 : 4 703 Kbps

Width                                    : 720 pixels

Height                                   : 480 pixels

Display aspect ratio                     : 3:2

Frame rate                               : 30.144 fps

Standard                                 : NTSC

Color space                              : YUV

Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0

Bit depth                                : 8 bits

Compression mode                         : Lossy

Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.451

Stream size                              : 870 MiB (86%)

Audio

ID                                       : 1

Format                                   : PCM

Codec ID                                 : 1

Bit rate                                 : 512 Kbps

Channel(s)                               : 2 channels

Sampling rate                            : 32.0 KHz

Bit depth                                : 8 bits

Stream size                              : 94.7 MiB (9%)

• 6. Re: error message uploading to vimeo-"error", try again later"
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

speedliner72

Are you saying that you can import that video into Premiere Elements 11 Windows without issue?

That video codec = M4S2 caught my attention right away. I had not seen that in the Premiere Elements 11 Supported Import Formats list. But, I did find an online article that claims that Premiere Elements does not have problems with this M4S2 while other video editors do.

But, what I am wondering is, while Premiere Elements may not have a problem importing it, could Vimeo have a problem reading it in the upload from Premiere Elements to Vimeo from program's Online/Vimeo.

Have you had a chance to try uploading this video to YouTube using Premiere Elements' Publish+Share/Online/YouTube?

ATR

• 7. Re: error message uploading to vimeo-"error", try again later"
                      speedliner72 Level 1

yes the project preset is NTSC DV Std,  When I attempted to upload to Vimeo

(5 diferent times with the various videos I produced) I used the Vimeo-HD

setting.  Idid not try the Vimeo-SD option.  I did try uploading to

You'tube once last week and received the same Error message.  I'll try your

suggestion to use computer/AVCHD Vimeo=SD and see if I get a better video

look on Vimeo than I have now with the MPEG-2 setting I used.

Also, I uploaded the files generated by the PV500 DVR to Premier Elements

without any difficulty, but as you said maybe the Adobe software has issues

with the M4S2 Codec.

Thanks for taking all your time to trouble shoot this issue.  I didn't have

a clue where to begin and don't have the knowledge to intrepret which

parameter or file type could possibly cause the malfunction.  Really

appreciate your insights.  Fred

• 8. Re: error message uploading to vimeo-"error", try again later"
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Fred

If you have a short file from your PV500 DVR that you could post (Dropbox link to download the file), we could try uploading it to Vimeo and You Tube with our Premiere Elements 11 Windows Online/YouTube or Vimeo to see if we get the same upload issues that you do when using Premiere Elements Online/YouTube or Vimeo.

ATR

• 9. Re: error message uploading to vimeo-"error", try again later"
                          speedliner72 Level 1

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62148060/Test%20for%20Vimeo.prel

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62148060/Adobe%20test%20Jennifer%20Steen%27s%20shop%20 8-9-13.prel

The first one is a short test project, the second link is to an approx 1

hour long video I tried to upload to Vimeo using Premier Elements 11 with

no success. I believe the first one is the file I tried to upload to

YouTube with no success.

• 10. Re: error message uploading to vimeo-"error", try again later"
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

speedliner72

I had envisioned that you were going to send a sample from the PV500 so that we could try to import it into my Premiere Elements 11 and then upload to YouTube and Vimeo with the program's Online/YouTube or Vimeo.

What you sent were two project.prel files. The first opened in Premiere Elements 11 with no media presenting at all.

The second opened in Premiere Elements 11 with media on the Timeline but all with the Media Offline thumbnails. If you want me to try to upload the second, could you send me the project archived one as the Copied Folder.. That will come with media to avoid the missing media messages. See File Menu/Project Archiver/Copy option.

But what I would prefer to troubleshoot from is small sample from the camera to rule in or out the codec factor.

I was going to do a quick upload of the 2nd to YouTube, but just realized no go since the Timeline is over 15 minutes. I may just cut some Timeline content off.

More later.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR

• 11. Re: error message uploading to vimeo-"error", try again later"
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

speedliner72

I just took the second project.prel (media offline messages and all), deleted everything after the 5 minutes mark, and uploaded that to YouTube via Publish+Share/Online/YouTube with the Flash Video for You Tube preset. All went well, rendering, uploading, transferring. It looks great on YouTube. The only thing that was not media offline graphic was the opening title.

We do need the video. But, let us see if you can decide what next. The Copied Folder for the second project.prel or short sample from camera.

More tomorrow.

ATR

Add On..With more than 15 minutes of video to upload, Premiere Elements 11 Online/YouTube is not going to work since it has a 15 minute limit. But if you do the upload from the file at the YouTube web site, the web site will allow you more than 15 minutes there.

Not sure of Vimeo limits, if any.

• 12. Re: error message uploading to vimeo-"error", try again later"
                                speedliner72 Level 1

ATR,  I know you said hold, but here is the link to one of the files

recorded by the PV-500 DVR.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62148060/FNLE0643_20130726105601.ASF

Thanks for all your work.