Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Calling CMSA from a livecycle process

Level 2

Hi,

Could anyone please let me know if i can communicate with CMSA from livecycle process management in ES4 anyway?

I could not find any usefull stuff anywhere. So, please let me know if this can be achieved or let me know any alternate solution.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

yes, you will have to use CM API . One way to do it is build a component which exposes the CM API as service operations and use that component as part of your process.. If you install ES4 with CM and the demo package you will get CMSA component wich exposes the RenderLetter API. You can use this in yor orchestration to render a letter from CM by passing in the LetterTemplate Name and the xmlData.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

it is usually the other way round, you call LC from CM. and yes it is possible to call LC from CM

curious to know your use case in calling CM from LC

Level 2

Is it possible to call CM from LC process?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

yes, you will have to use CM API . One way to do it is build a component which exposes the CM API as service operations and use that component as part of your process.. If you install ES4 with CM and the demo package you will get CMSA component wich exposes the RenderLetter API. You can use this in yor orchestration to render a letter from CM by passing in the LetterTemplate Name and the xmlData.

Level 2

Thanks for the reply.

Now I have developed a custom component as you told in above reply. I am able to get the form in the process.

I am facing a issue in the rendered form. I have a form which contains two fragments and two text assets which are created in the CM. Issue is that, in the process when i render the form I am able to see only fragments and not text assets.

Could you please let me know the reason behind this?

Many thanks!!

Level 1

How did you assign the text assets and to which target areas? Do the text assets show up for target areas outside the fragments?

Level 2

I added the Text assets to the target areas by inserting the Text assets in the editor mode of CM.

Yes. The text assets show up for target areas outside the fragments. If we preview it in CM, it is opening up properly. But the same is not visible with the PDF output throgh LC process.

Employee

Hi,

Could you attach screenshots and your LC process if possible?

--Santosh