0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2013 4:56 AM by SteveAJCole

Hebrew text appears on labels but not on buttons, etc

SteveAJCole

I am developing a Mobile app using Fb 4.7 to support Hebrew as well as English, Spanish, Italian and French, all using AIR 3.6 or 3.7.

AIR 3.6

Hebrew text does change for all 's:label' items but not for s:button, s:buttonbar items, they all apear 'ltr'

AIR 3.7

Hebrew text does change for all 's:label' items but not for s:button, s:buttonbar items, they all appear 'blank'

I am using AIR 3.6 as other significant bugs in AIR 3.7 make it unusable for production (textInput multi line issues for ex.)

The Hebrew text was created by another co-worker and sent to me, then I would copy-n-paste the text into the app's resource files etc.

If I build the app for a Desktop using AIR the Hebrew text appears properly on s:label, s:button, s:buttonbar items (Mac, MS Win).

English, Spanish, Italian and French text all change properly on every platform.

I have tried to programically set the 'rtl' attributes on the s:buttonbar, s:button with no effect.

I have added custom font loading with no changes, items appear on s:labels but not appear properly or at all on s:button, s:buttonbar controls.

Any ideas what I am missing?