4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2013 5:12 AM by Jeff_Coatsworth

Is there a way to prevent Robohelp WebHelp from appending characters to the end of the URL address for a TOC Entry?

NealRob1026

I am running RoboHelp 10 on Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64 bit OS.

WebHelp is appending characters to the end of the TOC entry's URL address. The characters "bc-n" where n is a number are being generated for all of the TOC Page Entries when I generate WebHelp output. We are exporting the HTML files for import into an application. The TOC Page Properties Link to: property does not contain the characters in RoboHelp.

We have standardized names defined for our application and the appended characters are not going to work in the application.

cid:image001.png@01CE976B.284B9560

When I use the generated html output in IE10 Version 10.0.9200.16635 Update Versions: 10.0.7 (KB2846071) the characters show up in the URL when I hover the mouse over the TOC entry as shown in the screenshot below.

cid:image004.jpg@01CE9808.8D1384B0

The two screenshots show that the Link to property does not have the characters "bc-7" but the URL address does.

Is there a setting or way to configure RoboHelp to prevent Robohelp WebHelp from generating and appending characters to the end of the URL address for TOC Entries?