3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2013 7:59 PM by Jeff Arola

Can Photoshop 7.0 be used to upgrade Photoshop 6.0 on a Mac G5 with Leopard 10.5.8 ?[was: gonzo1944]

gonzo1944

Can Photoshop 7.0 be used to upgrade Photoshop 6.0 on a Mac G5 with Leopard 10.5.8 or will it not work unless it is in the Classic envoirnment?

• 1. Re: gonzo1944
          Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

Your talking about photoshop and not photoshop elements?

Certainly photoshop 6 won't run on Leopard (no classic in leopard) and i don't believe photoshop 7 will either.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/370736?tstart=0

Or are you talking about using photoshop 7 to upgrade to a newer version of photoshop that will run on Leopard?

Is your machine intel or ppc?

• 2. Re: gonzo1944
            gonzo1944 Level 1

To R. Kelly.....I am old school in Mac, I love my G5...I do have a Bachelors degree in Electronic Publishing, but I graduated in 95'...so, not meaning to bore you...I do have Photoshop 6.0 and was unaware, though I purchased Leopard throught the Mac store, that the classic would no longer be available. I do a great deal of work in Photoshop and Illustrator and I guess my main question is....where do I go from here?

I know that CS-5 Photoshop is a whole new program and I checked with Adobe and on Amazon and it is not cheap, I know enough to deal through an authorized dealer...My Mac is a power PC G5 that I purchased in 2005. What version of Photoshop do I need to purchase so that it is compatible with leopard?  I have much work piled up to do and this would help me greatly.

Thank you for your help and any help you can provide for me,

Dennie

• 3. Re: gonzo1944
              Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

Here's the official system requirements for photoshop:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/system-requirements-photoshop.html

I believe photoshop cs4 and cs3 should run fine on your machine.

Photoshop cs and photoshop cs2 should as well, but some users have mixed results.

Unfortunatly none of the current versions of photoshop (cs6 or CC) will run on your machine.