7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2013 9:39 PM by Pattie F

Loss of photos and external hard drive disabled

doc3367

I had 22,343 photos and video on an external hard drive. I was not able to back up all of my photos due to limited space on the Photoshop.com.  I was pleased when you said we would have unlimited backup first and then so many free uploads monthly.  I thought since my photos were on an external hard drive, all that would happen was you would make a copy of the photos I had on my hard drive. I received a notice stating my photos had been successfully moved to Revel. When I attempted to open one of my photos that I expected to still be on my hard drive, it stated it could not open the photo and stated I may have moved the photo without going through Photoshop.com.. I immediately checked for the hard drive I had the photos on and to my shock, that hard drive is no longer listed. I have moved the hard drive several ways to make sure something was not wrong with the USB port. No matter where I connected the hard drive the computer did not bring it up at all. It is as if there is nothing on the hard drive. With the hard drive not being listed, I am unable to verify there is anything on the hard drive at all. I went back into Photoshop.com and attempted to open more photos. Every one of the 22,343 photos states it cannot find the photo and ask if I want to reconnect. I have tried this but this does not work either.  I am desperate to know where my photos are and how I can get them back onto my external hard drive. I would like all remarks sent to my e-mail address of doc3367@cox.net .Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give me.

Doc3367

• 1. Re: Loss of photos and external hard drive disabled
          Pattie F Employee Moderator

Are you talking about Elements organizer when you reference 22,000 files? Was your hard drive saving the files in the Elements organizer?

Your photoshop.com account had 8153 files. Your Revel account has 7515 photos that migrated from PS.com. The other files were either not jpg or were duplicates.

Pattie

• 2. Re: Loss of photos and external hard drive disabled
            doc3367 Level 1

Pattie F.  Thank you for your reply. I was at my max on the Photoshop.com back-up. and I do not remember what the max was, I'm sorry.  The 22,343 photo's is my entire collection that I have in the Photoshop Organizer. They were stored on my external hard drive since I did not want to take up the room by placing them on my computer hard drive "C": The external drive that held my pictures was drive "I". My other external hard drive is "GO" and that one is set up for my music. I have a partition on my hard drive "CO" that is partitioned off and is drive "DO". Drive "DO" holds the factory resets.

I know I have jumped around on you, so if you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact me... Thank you so very much.

Doc

• 3. Re: Loss of photos and external hard drive disabled

I believe you are ok from the Revel perspective since your files migrated. If I can help further with Revel, please let me know.

If you need help with Elements, I suggest posting in the Elements forum so that the proper people can assist you :  

forum: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/revel_make_revel_pro_account_part_of _cc

Pattie

• 4. Re: Loss of photos and external hard drive disabled
                doc3367 Level 1

Pattie F. I am very dense and have been left well behind in the electronic world, so please forgive me. Are you saying that the entire 22,343 pictures made it to Revel and is there?

Thank you for all of your help

Doc

• 5. Re: Loss of photos and external hard drive disabled

You say your Elements organizer has 22343 files. I presume all the files in Photoshop.com came from there, so ofthe 22,343 files you had on the hard drive, 8,153 were stored in the cloud. Of those 8,153 files, 7,515 non-duplicated jpg files migrated to Revel. The other 638 fils that were on Photoshop.com that did not migrate were probably duplicates of the ones that did, or not jpg files.

Besides those, there are then about 14,190 files that you had on organizer that you did not have on Photoshop.com. Those are the ones that you will not find in Revel.

If you can hook up the hard drive and get elements to recognize it again, then you could import the rest into Revel (assuming you have a premium account  or first 30 days of unlimited uploads since the free account is limited to 50 uploads a month)

Is that a bit more clear? There are still many Elements files that are not in Revel because they were not in Photoshop.com before your files migrated.

Pattie

• 6. Re: Loss of photos and external hard drive disabled
                    doc3367 Level 1

Pattie F.  Yes that is where this old man can understand.  I thank you so very much for all of your hard work on my behalf. I just pray that I can get the others back up as there are some that I will never be able to find duplicated. I will keep digging though.  Thank you again for the information and the advice.

Doc

• 7. Re: Loss of photos and external hard drive disabled

The elements forum is at: http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop_elements

You might have some luck getting Elements assistance and advice there.

Pattie

1 person found this helpful