5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2013 6:33 PM by Lucia Lao

Problem with forms

gustav_242

Hello, i have a pdf form in single page, but is very long and i want cut in 3 pages (3 or more). When i cut the template the first page, mantein the configuration, but other pages not.

Any can help me? Thanks.

• 1. Re: Problem with forms
          Lucia Lao Employee Moderator

Hi,

Did you manually insert the pagebrake in "Page View".  In FormsCentral Design tab, with the form in editing mode, go to app menu View/Page View. Once you switched to Page View, you can insert pagebreak in your form.  Did you use one of our templage, if so, which form template did you use and where did you add the pagebreak?

Hope this helps, if not, please share the form to llao@adobe.com and I can take a look.

Thanks,

Lucia

• 2. Re: Problem with forms
            Genevieve Laroche Adobe Employee

First, if you want to edit the page layout of the PDF form make sure that you are in "Page View". You can switch the views in the  Design Tab from either the "View" button in the bottom right corner of FormsCentral or under the "View" menu in the top right.

Page Breaks are specific to their view. This mean that if you add or remove a Page Break in the Web View it will only affect the online web (html) form. If you add or remove a Page Break in the Page View it will only affect the PDF form.

I'm not sure what you mean by "maintain configuration" can you elaborate on that?

Hope this helps

Gen

• 3. Re: Problem with forms
              gustav_242 Level 1

hello!

sorry for my explanation, i try to be clear:

i have a system that run with .asp, it put the data of each input field (in html) in pdf template with same inputs and create a new pdf with data inserted.

So, when i open this new pdf with data inserted in inputs i can visualize the data in each input, only when the pdf is in one page.

But, when i crop in various pages (for example 3 pages) only the first page i can visualize the data in each input, in pages 2 and 3 not.

Or an strange behaviour: I can visualize the data only when i click (with mouse) in input field (change the background colour).

Thanks Again, and sorry if my english is poor.

Gustav.

• 4. Re: Problem with forms

Hi,

Thank you for the additional information. I have a few questions:

Which tools are you using to generate the PDF template and also the new PDF with data inserted? Are you using FormsCentral  in your workflow?

Please attach or email to llao@adobe.com

-screenshoots that illustrate the problems/issues.

-if possible, the actual pdf template and the generated pdf with data inserted

In the meantime, let me point you to the Acrobat / Livecycle forums if you are using these tools

http://forums.adobe.com/community/acrobat

http://forums.adobe.com/community/livecycle

Lucia

• 5. Re: Problem with forms

Hi,

Thank you for sending the screenshots and additional details.

Please see this link http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3661 on how to make a PDF form created with FormsCentral editable in Acrobat.

Thanks,

Lucia

1 person found this helpful