5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2013 11:28 AM by Pattie F

Can't find an email link for friends in Revel.com

Tom_Bryant

When using the link to my Photoshop.com galley, my friends get a message saying to contact me for the new email link.  I can't find any link. The only way I can see my photos is to log on through Adobe. Must I give them my Adobe username and password so they can see my photos?  I have over 2,000 photos up in a number of galleries with many descriptions including lots of wildflower ID with Family, Scientific name, and Common Name. I can't see any of that now. How do i get to that? When i search Sharing I get how to share between my devices but not where the email link is. How do I reset the privacy up for family?

• 1. Re: Can't find an email link for friends in Revel.com
          Pattie F Employee Moderator

Hi Tom-

In Revel, we share a url to an album. Once you make an album into a shared album and decide if the viewers can download or not, you can copy the link and send it to them. Recipients do not have to have a revel account or login since they view the photo album in a web browser. See this FAQ for more details:

FAQ: How do I share my photos in Revel? http://forums.adobe.com/message/5092831#5092831

Pattie

• 2. Re: Can't find an email link for friends in Revel.com
            Tom_Bryant Level 1

Thanks Pattie. I have 96 albums in Revel right now. For the email link, my only selection options seem to be select all or just select one. It seems I can't select a group so I either have to send 96 links or open them all to everyone.

I've been an Elements user since version 6 and was a Photoshop.com user for 4 years and am a Lightroom user and I'm mostly self-taught so software packges usually are not a mystery to me, but so far Revel is a real puzzle.

• 3. Re: Can't find an email link for friends in Revel.com

We are trying to make the interface as user friendly and obvious as possible. Please let us know the areas that are confusing so we cansider updating them.

Revel is a bit different from Photoshop.com and was designed independently rather than as a replacement, so don't assume they work the same way. When sharing with others so that they can access photos on a browser, we share at the album level in Revel. To share 96 albums, you would need to share 96 links.

Alternately, for family members, close friends, or collaborators on a project, we also have a collaborative sharing feature. With that you share a whole library with folks who have Revel, and all of you can add photos and see the library, album, and photos. See the link above for details on both types. The primary user who owns the library must be a premium user. All collaborative users must have revel accounts and are invited by adobeid (email) from within the app.

Pattie

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Can't find an email link for friends in Revel.com
                Tom_Bryant Level 1

I realized I did not write a specific question, so it is "How do I select a group of albums among my 96 to send as a link?"

• 5. Re: Can't find an email link for friends in Revel.com

Tom-

In the  case you are asking about, you would have to send 96 links to your friend, one for each album. Recipients can click on the specific link and see all the photos in the one album that the link references.

Often times immediate families will have one primary member to takes most of the photos. That person can upgrade to premium, add up to 50 others as shared collaborators to a whole library, and all of them can add and view files from within revel. (That is last part I described above and in the link also) This is the only way to share all 96 albums (as long as they are in the same library) with someone at once and it is only recommended for those you want to truly collaborate with. These users access the files from within the app.

Does that help clear things up?

Pattie

1 person found this helpful