3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2013 12:38 PM by A.T. Romano

Tried adding DVD disc menu - got perpetual downloading.

mynameiswrb Level 1

Creating a DVD from a trivial project - simply loaded a video file as 'new project', selected 'Disc', got 'Missing disc menu' message, chose 'yes to add them', then 'choose a menu theme', and under Entertainment, chose 'music video'. I got 'Online content download', and there ensued a never-ending 'downloading content', and only exiting the software ended it. I cannot get past that perpetual download - ridiculous number or ridiculously massive? When I cancelled the download, Win8 declared the program is not responding. WTF?????

• 1. Re: Tried adding DVD disc menu - got perpetual downloading.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

mynameiswrb

I see several threads from you today. In the one that we are in now, I will address the Content issue as it relates to getting disc menu for your webDVD or burn to DVD or Blu-ray disc.

Good that you realized that you had to download the menu before use. Many do not. That download process is frustrating and dependent on Internet connection speed as well as the status of the Adobe server. It can take a considerable amount of time to get your Content. I wrote about this in a blog post.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/05/pe11-no-content-disc-content-downloads.html

When you were in the Movies Menu section, did you decide to download just the Entertainment/Music Video disc menu or did you click the option for All? Just do one at a time for now. Have you tried to download any other movie menu besides the Music Video one? If not, give that a try to see if the issue targeted just that menu or whether the problem applies to more than one or all.

Please review. I am heading for your other threads to review your other workflow questions.

I am assuming that you are using Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 or 8 64 bit. If am mistaken, please let me know. I will check out your other threads for more details of your overall situation.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Tried adding DVD disc menu - got perpetual downloading.
            mynameiswrb Level 1

A.T.,

Thanks for confirming the slow download. In all honesty, the first time(s) I tried it, I never saw the option for a single menu or only one, and in the 3rd? instance, I attempted just to drag the Music Video icon over to the start of my timeline. After several attempts I finally did see the option - but selecting only one seemed as useless as 'all' (by that time, anything more than a couple of minutes of that pointless 'downloading' action bar had me quitting the attempt).

I'm running Win8 64 bit on a Toshiba Satellite S855, Intel i7, 8GB RAM, 750GB HD.

I should note that at this moment I've started a new project, added about 8 video clips to it, set markers, and (seemingly) - by ignoring the option to add menus - I'm successfully burning the project to DVD. All the other problems seem to stem from tryimng to load any existing projects, close them, shut down the program, et al - ANYthing other than starting from scratch and doing absolutely nothing fancy.

• 3. Re: Tried adding DVD disc menu - got perpetual downloading.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

mynameiswrb

That was great news. A lot of progress. Good work.

Sometimes starting a new project saves more time if you do not have too much time invested in the problem project. But, sometimes we are forced to whatever remedy works, especially when systematic troubleshooting comes to a block.

Continued success. Please update us on your progress when you get a chance.

Thanks.

ATR