6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2015 11:07 AM by Preran

Does Edge Animate have preferences?

tezza1971

I can't seem to find any in the menus. Most web design apps allow you to specify things like which browser you want to preview in etc.

Also the UI elements are miniscule. Is Edge Animate "retina ready"? if it is, does that mean the interface scales? if, so, can a user enlarge it to make the items more readable. I have 20/20 vision and I can read the items, but it's unnecesary to have to introduce un-needed fatigue by making all the numbers in the display 10 pixels tall. (I'm using a 1920x1080 display on Windows 7).

• 1. Re: Does Edge Animate have preferences?
          escargo Level 1

There is not a preferences menu I know of. The issue you brought up regarding selected browser is currently using the default system browser. The addition of something like those of Dreamweaver's various browsers that can be used would be helpful, but you can copy and paste the temporary file address into various browsers to test them locally now (as a workaround).

The "publish settings" under the file menu does allow you to specify the output settings for the your project and that is about as close to preferences that I have found.

Perhaps this will be a future feature.

• 2. Re: Does Edge Animate have preferences?
            tezza1971 Level 1

This is not new information to anyone using this product. I have already had to change my system default browser just in order to test my edge animate work more easily, but this is a pain, as I now have to switch this back and forth between edge animate sessions. The idea of software is to make your life easier - not create unnecesary work of copy/pasting URLs in the test/debug/create cycle. This "feature" is trivial to implement and would save the user time - especially in the long run. Without it, the product seems unfinished.

Also the issue of miniscule text could be easily sorted as to prevent eye-strain and fatigue for long-term usage. This is another gimmie. Particularly if the app is retina-ready, I am puzzled as to why this is not adjustable.

Anyway, it's all feedback.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Does Edge Animate have preferences?
              elainecc Adobe Employee

By the way, the product is tested on a Retina device, but I believe it really depends on the retina settings and not on the screen size.  As for the browsers, did you know that you can actually preview on multiple browsers by copying the URL and pasting that into a separate browser?  Then, whenever you want to test it again, click preview in browser, switch to your new browser, and then refresh.  It's a workaround for what you want, but hopefully it'll get you unstuck.  I'll file the issue as an enhancement request.

Thanks,

-Elaine

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Does Edge Animate have preferences?
                tezza1971 Level 1

elainefinnell wrote:

As for the browsers, did you know that you can actually preview on multiple browsers by copying the URL and pasting that into a separate browser?

Yes, the previous poster already mentioned that and I responded to it in my post.

I'll file the issue as an enhancement request.

Two things:

1) being able to set font size on the interface (which is currently miniscule)

2) Being able to test in multiple browsers - or at least assign a testing browser in preferences.

• 5. Re: Does Edge Animate have preferences?
                  JohnnyN

I'd also like to know how to make the menus more readable in Edge Animate.  There's no preference setting anywhere.

• 6. Re: Does Edge Animate have preferences?
                    Preran Adobe Employee

Not sure if this helps but just in case it does.

Nested Menu for Edge Animate | EdgeDocks.com