3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2006 9:40 PM by inactiveforumnotifier

Prevent the textfield from resizing

nmariano Level 1
      How can I prevent a textfield from resizing when I would resize it's container movieclip? Instead of the tf scaling with the mc I want it to just stay the same.

Help anyone?
        • 1. Re: Prevent the textfield from resizing
          Steven_Lyons Level 1
          The whole point of nesting objects (like textfields inside MovieClips) is to group them together so you can act on them as a group. There is probably a better way to accomplish what you want. If you describe it in more detail, folks here would be able to help more easily.
          • 2. Re: Prevent the textfield from resizing
            nmariano Level 1
            Thank you for replying to my question and after a couple of hours I was able to figure it out.

windowmc.bgmc
            windowmc.textfield

Im creating a pop up window with a text field in it and then I attached a handle mc on the lower right corner of the window movieclip as a resize handle. So whenever I would stretch my window movieclip it wont affect the textfield. I resolved it by resizing the bgmc inside the windowmc instead of just the windowmc(which will affect the textfield).

Thanks.
            • 3. Re: Prevent the textfield from resizing
              inactiveforumnotifier Level 1
              Thank you for replying to my question and after a couple of hours I was able to figure it out.

windowmc.bgmc
              windowmc.textfield

Im creating a pop up window with a text field in it and then I attached a handle mc on the lower right corner of the window movieclip as a resize handle. So whenever I would stretch my window movieclip it wont affect the textfield. I resolved it by resizing the bgmc inside the windowmc instead of just the windowmc(which will affect the textfield).

Thanks.