Hi, Chantrella, welcome to the Forums!
- Is your report based on previewing locally or from a web server?
- What Single Source Layout are you using? Multiscreen HTML5? WebHelp?
- If you don't need the HTML5 output, you should choose one of the regular WebHelp layouts.
- When you generate the Captivate, don't check the HTML5. Only the SWF option.
- When you say, "video" do you mean the MP4 which CP 6.1 can generate or, are you referring to an .MP4 "camera" video which you have inserted into the CP demo?
- Also, when you insert a MP4 video into a CP slide, sometimes the "path" gets messed up and you need to make sure the MP4 is sent to the web server when you publish.
I produced a short narrated video for Adobe TV on this process which you can find here:
Also, you are welcome to send me the cptx project file (or a Dropbox-style link if it is too big) to my email which is in shown in my profile.
You can also post a screenshot of your publishing settings by clicking on the "camera" icon at the top of this editor.
It's late here. I'll review this tomorrow and see if I missed anything :-)
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Thank you so much for replying so quickly! In answer to your questions below:
- I am previewing the files mostly locally. When I view the videos in Captivate after publishing them they work in their entirety. However, when I view them after importing them into Robohelp, the .MP4 video portion doesn't work. All the other pieces seem to work (i.e., background graphics, captions, audio, etc.)--just not the video portion. As an aside, it doesn't matter whether I view it on my desktop or the server I transfer it to--the videos just don't come across.
- I am generating to WebHelp.
- I don't need the HTML5 layout, but several forum postings swear that you need both, so I've tried checking both and that doesn't work. I've also tried checking only the .SWF layout; still nothing.
- I have generated with only the .SWF option and that doesn't work either.
- I'm not sure what you mean by this question. I am capturing the screen movements in Captivate as a demo. When I publish the video it publishes the .MP4 vides as separate files. Unfortunately, I can't send you the .CPTX file because it's proprietary, but I have attached a screen shot of what the Captivate generated output is.
To be honest, I don't remember seeing the video files generated seperately in previous versions of Captivate. All I remember from previous versions were five files: .CSS, JS, HTM, SWF, and skin.SWF.
- I'm not sure what you mean by this question. I never had to worry about paths before. I just published and it worked.
I spent all day yesterday in the Adobe forums and apparently there are many others experiencing this problem of the imported Captivate videos not playing in Robohelp (although everything else imports just fine). I'm wondering if this is actually a software problem.
Anyway, I would appreciate any help you can give me, John. I have to miss a software release with this video tonight because of this issues.