2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2013 9:30 AM by Anit_Kumar

CF Builder 2 won't play with Firefox

the.marshall

I have been running CF Builder 2 on Mac OS 10.8.4 as a standalone. I can preview templates in Safari and Chrome but not in Firefox (v23). If I set Firefox as default browser in CFB2 prefs and preview a template, FF starts up and displays correctly once but any subsequent requests give me the alert "Close Firefox. A copy of Firefox is already open. Only one copy of Firefox can be open at a time." 

I have Googled this and tried deleting lock files and profiles etc. But I doubted this was the problem any way since Dreamweaver, Aptana Studio and Eclipse with CFEclipse plug-in all launch templates in FF successfully.

So I tried uninstalling all CFB2 and all of Eclipse 4.2 and installed Eclipse 3.7.2 and CFB2 plug-in... same problem, CF Builder won't play with Firefox.

Any answers?

Many thanks.

• 1. Re: CF Builder 2 won't play with Firefox
          Sutton Yamanashi

I'm having a similar problem with ColdFusion Builder 2 (with hot fix) on Mac OS 10.8.4.  However, I can only preview templates in Safari.  When I try to add Google Chrome in Preferences > General > Web Browser, I get a message that says 'The location value is not a valid path name.'.  Firefox shows up in the list of browsers, but I can't add it to the Preview tab.

I don't have this problem on my PC.

Any help would be much appreciated.  Cheers.

• 2. Re: CF Builder 2 won't play with Firefox
            Anit_Kumar Adobe Employee

Hello Sutton Yamanashi,

Please create a New ColdFusion Project and then uncheck "Use Default Location" and then browse to cf_root\projectname. Select localhost under the servers tab and then hit finish. After creating a New ColdFusion page, please preview the page in CFB2 window and external browsers.

Regards,

Anit Kumar