2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2013 6:25 PM by Lisa_Donohoe RSS

Installing Adobe Drive 5 for CS5.5 possible?

Lisa_Donohoe Community Member

I've been recommended to install Adobe Drive 5 to resolve a cross-platform issue that my clients have been experiencing when using Adobe Drive 3 (where the links don't update in InDesign CS5.5).

This was tested on a computer that had both InDesign 5.5 and 6.0 loaded on it, and there wasn't a performance issue.

However, it has not been possible to install Adobe Drive 5 onto a machine that only has InDesign 5.5 on it, as it gives an error message saying that it cannot locate CS6.

Is there any way to bypass this gatekeeper so I can install?

Has anyone experienced issues using Adobe Drive 5 with CS5.5?

• 1. Re: Installing Adobe Drive 5 for CS5.5 possible?
          Laurel Zimmer Adobe Employee

Adobe Drive CC (v5) only supports CS6 and CC desktop applications; there isn't a way to bypass this.

With regard to the original problem; when opening a managed InDesign file cross-platform, the links to the assets (on DAM) then break? or?

Also worth mentioning...the latest version of Adobe Drive 3 that was released for CS5 and CS5.5 products is v3.2; so would be good to validate regardless, if that version is being used.

• 2. Re: Installing Adobe Drive 5 for CS5.5 possible?
            Lisa_Donohoe Community Member

Thanks, Laurel.

We are connecting using CMIS.

The problem is that InDesign is reading the path as an absolute path, so differently depending on the platform (Z: on PC and Volume/ on Mac).

We were hoping that we could use the option of naming the drive as a way around this so it would be common on both systems.

We are using CtrlPrint/CtrlDL to access the InDesign files, so the InDesign file is not able to live in the same folder as the linked file.

Another questions: if you have both CS5.5 and CS6 installed on your machine, do you have to use two versions of Adobe Drive, or can the most recent Adobe Drive support both?