5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2013 6:02 PM by Pattie F

Revel Premium Upgrade

Steven van Vliet

Yesterday I upgraded from the free Revel to Revel Premium. The site still looks the same. How long does it take before I can expect the upgrade to take place?

• 1. Re: Revel Premium Upgrade
          Pattie F Employee Moderator

Steven-

From what I can see, you successfully subscribed. The site will not really look different. You will, however, now have unlimited upload capability, as well as the ability to invite others as collaborative users if you wish. (many families do this so that they can all put photos into folders in one library and all can access them from their own login. If the library owner is a premium user, other family members can collaborate and add to any albums in that library and they are not limited to the 50 uploads as long as they upload to a library owned by a premium user.

To check your status, go to library view, click the 3 parallel lines in the top left, click on the gear for settings, click on your email address to the right of Adobe ID and you will see the status. If you are a paid subscriber,it will say 'subscribed'.

Pattie

• 2. Re: Revel Premium Upgrade
            Steven van Vliet Level 1

Pattie's Reply>>>> "To check your status, go to library view, click the 3 parallel lines in the top left, click on the gear for settings, click on your email address to the right of Adobe ID and you will see the status. If you are a paid subscriber,it will say 'subscribed'."

This is why I think I am still on the free Revel.  I do not have a library view, the 3 parallel lines are no where to be found and I only have 2 views; Photo and Albums.

Capture.JPG

Also, when I click on the 'gear' for settings my email address is not on the drop down screen. The drop down list I see is below......

• Sign out
            • Refresh Library
            • Change language
            • Help & support
            • Terms of use
            • Privacy policy and cookies
            • 3. Re: Revel Premium Upgrade

Steven-

It sounds like you may be on an older version of Revel. I suggest updating to version 2.0.1 for iphone/ipad first, then follow the above directions. This version has more features than the older one and will match the instructions you see on the forums for issues and help moving forward.

Pattie

• 4. Re: Revel Premium Upgrade
                Steven van Vliet Level 1

I can't tell you how much wasted time I've spent on this. I was on the phone yesterday for over an hour and by the time I hung up I had not progressed in any way from the call. The second guy I was speaking to kept me on the phone for a half hour and he was reading to me from a script. I hate to interrupt people but I had to stop him because I was way past what he was reading to me. I decided to politely end the call when he revealed he was from the billing department and didn't know much about Revel Premium.

So here I am... I decided to take your advice and try to update to version 2.0.1. 

From AdobeRevel.com I clicked on the "Plans", scrolled down to the bottom, clicked on "Get the App", I found "What's New in Version 2.0.1 • Bug Fixes" but I could not find a link for the download. This is very frustrating. I think I'll be better off finding another website that does the same thing cheaper.

• 5. Re: Revel Premium Upgrade

Steven-

OK, now I see. You are not using the app on an iphone or ipad or mac, but rather adoberevel.com on a pc, right? In this case, click on the gear. If it says subscribe, then you are not a current subscriber. If it does not, then you are subscribed.

You will not see a "difference" in the app as a  subscriber, except that after you upload 50 photos you will be allowed to continue uploading if you are subscribed, and you would be blocked if you were a free user until the next month.

I apologize for your difficulty with service. I will send you an email to get more information on that.

Pattie