7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2013 9:47 AM by A.T. Romano

binauraljr

binauraljr

why can´t open one project, the adobe premiere elements disappear when i try to open it? somebody know it...? what can i do?

thanks

• 1. Re: binauraljr
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are you saying that when you try to open an old project, the program shuts down?

• 2. Re: binauraljr
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

These questions below may be for a different product... but the information you need to supply is the same, for the products you use

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

• 3. Re: binauraljr
              A.T. Romano Level 7

binauraljr

Specific to your Premiere Elements situation, the following needs information to help us help you.

1. What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running? What is the description of your computer resources?

2. Is your problem "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before"?

3. Is it only one specific project that you cannot open or all of them, old and new?

How far do you get when you say you cannot open a project...Welcome Screen Video Tab or other?

Please add the answers to these questions to the reply that you address to Steve Grisetti in post 1 of this thread.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: binauraljr
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Also, in addition to the questions asked, is this particular Project from another version of PrE? If so, what version was it created in?

After the answers to the various questions, here is how I would troubleshoot the Project:

• In Windows Explorer, or Finder, Move the Assets to new folders, and here, I would separate my Video from any Stills, into separate folders.
                • Open the Project, and see if it begins to load.
                • You should get a dialog box, along the lines of "Where is file ____ ?"
                • At that point, direct PrE to the new folder for the file requested. This is why I would separate the Assets.
                • PrE will survey that new folder, where you direct it, and will then link to the Assets, say Video, used.
                • If you have Stills too, then you will get that "Where is file ____ ?" dialog again.
                • Direct PrE to that folder, where it will survey the Stills, and try to load them.
                • If you get a crash, at either point, then you know that you have an Asset, that is not good.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: binauraljr
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

binauraljr

I was waiting for more information before suggesting the following. But, you may want to look at some Adobe systematic troubleshooting for damaged projects.

Please review before getting back to SG with this questions. I will be watching for your results in your post back to him.

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/troubleshoot-damaged-projects-premiere-element s.html

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: binauraljr
                    binauraljr Level 1

HI A. T. Romano:

My problem is with adobe premiere elements 9.

I was working with the project when the problem happened, i had opened the project right, but then the computer install one actualization, i had minimized the project, and then i could open the program on... the problem is only with that project, that what i was opened then. If i try to open this project, the program start fine, but the project is minimized immediatly and it can´t show it. If i open another projects, with hd videos, i don´t have any problem.

The program has a problem too with another projects, if i try to use wma videos or flv, for example, the program don't show the videos completely, the videos has cut with the half, and i can´t work with them...

Thank you Guys...i hope that you can help me!...

• 7. Re: binauraljr
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

binauraljr

Thank you for the follow up. In response to your direct question to me....

1. From what you wrote your have run into the 1/2 .wmv display caused by a recent Windows Update. Please read the Announcement on that at the top of this forum. For your convenience, here is a copy of what you should find there

Announcement: Windows Update Causes Half of Display to Be Blacked Out

MicroSoft has issued an Update for Windows, that is causing problems with Displays. The following is from Talbot McInnis, who tracked down this problem, and offers a fix:

"MS bulliten MS13-057.  Specifically, on XP kb2834904 and on windows 7 kb2803821 is causing a problem

For us, it occurs when decoding WMV9 files.  Not all uses of WMV decoding are affected, but I confirmed that when connecting the WMV decode DLL to a sample grabber for RGB32 video, the frames arrive black on top, so that points directly to decoding internals of the WMV Decode dll.

You can uninstall these windows updates to resolve your problem."

There are several threads on the problem that this Update is causing on the PrE and PrPro Forums, so one can get more details. So far, there is not another fix from either MS, or Adobe.

Also, see this Adobe KB Article: http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/wmv-files-corrupted-import-or.h tml

Todd Kopriva has posted that the MS "revised" Update has been released:

It appears that Microsoft has issued the fixed update:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/bulletin/ms13-057

See the "Update FAQ" section:

"Why was this bulletin revised on August 13, 2013?

Microsoft revised this bulletin to rerelease the 2803821 update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.

The rereleased update addresses an application compatibility issue in which WMV encoded video could fail to properly render during playback. Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 customers should install the rereleased update."

by Bill Hunt (Aug 13, 2013)

Please take care of that matter before all else. There have been many, many threads posted here on the matter. If you have any problems carrying this out, please let us know how we can help with further tips. Do you have the latest Windows Updates?

Your good and bad news was that your project opening (old or new) is restricted to this one project. The damaged project troubleshooting link to which I referred you for this type of situation is applicable to and same in principle for Premiere Elements essentially any version. If you run into a feature location or path problem, please let us know and we will help you with that.

So, that should take care of the Windows Media imports (.wmv). But, remember, Premiere Elements (any version) does not support the import of .flv video. So, your issues with importing .flv video should not factor in here.

Please review, let us know the outcome, and how we may further help you resolve these issues.

Thanks.

ATR