11 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2013 1:41 PM by A.T. Romano

Download assistant doesn't run and purchased software isn't in My Orders

Alison Utting Level 1

After several hours of going around in circles yesterday and today, I hope someone can help me out.  This is the saga so far-

Problem 1.  I wanted to download a trial versions of Premiere Elements 11 to upgrade from my version 7.  In Firefox, I got to the download section but no Download Now button shows so that I can install the Download Assistant.  I changed to Internet Explorer 8 and got a Download Now button which I then ran.  It showed the screen to install the assistant and when the install was finished, nothing happened.  No automatic download of the software, just nothing.  Amongst the forum threads I searched, I found the Download Installation and Help page and went to Downloading a trial - problems with Download Assitant using this link

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4451573#4451573

and then the Troubleshoot and Download Assistant FAQ links in that thread, both of which were no help.  At this point I gave up on trying to download a trial and thought I would just buy the software instead.

Problem 2.  I bought the Photoshop/Premiere Elements 11 Education combo ok, got the email with the serial number ok, so I went to the Adobe website and logged in.  The serial numbers for the 2 programs appear in My Products and Services so I went to My Orders and when I click on My recent orders OR My order history, nothing happens and I get no link to where I can download the programs.  Once again I tried this in both Firefox and Internet Explorer 8 and several times over the last 24 hours with no change in being able to do anything from My Orders.  I have logged in and out of Adobe several times as well.

Since I am still not having any luck, I did some more seaching for help starting with this link

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1006208?tstart=0&promoid=KBHJQ

no help there as I still can't get anything to come up in My Orders.

Another thread gave this link

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4794809

One of the links in this thread suggested to go back and install the trial version and then enter the serial number - got the same result as I did when I first tried this route.

Another person suggested there is a link to download the software next to the serial number in Order History - no luck there again as I can't get anything to work in My Orders and there is no such link in My Products next to the serial numbers.

I would appreciate some suggestions on why the Download Assistant isn't working to try and get a trial version downloaded or else why my purchases aren't appearing in My Orders.  Is there a time delay between purchasing software and when it appears in My Orders as it is nearly 2 days since I placed my order and I would have thought I would be able to have downloaded everything by now.