2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2006 10:48 PM by nilu_only

FileReference doesn't work with PHP Globals

Webmaster_Pete Level 1
      <help>,

Ok so this is my problem. I have a flash movie that allows users to uploads two images to a server. What I'm trying to do is have the uploaded images go directly to their user's directory. I need the upload.php file to figure out which person is uploading an image. The php page that handles the file uploads will not read in any global variables (i.e. POST, GET, SESSION, COOKIE). Also FileReference.upload() doesn't allow you to send any GET / POST vars along with it (as far as I have tested and read about). I've been working on this for four days now and have concluded it's something to do with the Flash FileReference calling the php page. I believe for some reason when FileReference calls the php page the web server doesn't like/allow/understand how the page is called so it denies any global var requests. I know its flash because it works if I use an html front end with the same php uploader page.

So the goal for you 'out of the box' thinkers is to get one single darn global variable pulled into the php upload page. The ONLY way I can think of doing this is when every time a user creates an account and their folder is created, it copies the php upload file their directory. Then in flash when a user needs to upload its calls the upload file in each persons upload directory. Needless to say I do not want to do it this way but I'm running out of ideas.

P.S. someone has suggested uploading the images to a temp file name and then immediatly move the image to the users folder but I I'm tentive to do it that way since you could get two people uploading at the same time and one person would get the second person's image and the second person would get an error.

<!--- actionscript code
      this._fileRef.upload("upload.php"); <---- works
      this._fileRef.upload("upload.php?user_id=4"); <---- does not work
      //-->

<?php
      session_start();
      $user_id = $_SESSION['user_id']; // Does not work
      $user_id = $_COOKIE['user_id']; // Does not work
      $user_id = $_GET['user_id']; // Does not work
      $user_id = $_POST['user_id']; // Can't do with FileReference class
      ?>

</help>
        • 1. Re: FileReference doesn't work with PHP Globals
          Level 7
          This may help. You can pass some URL encoded data with the FileReference
          upload method.

file_fr.upload("upload.php?testvar=Hello World " +Date());

Then this is a demo on how you can see that data, which you would need to
          rework to use to set the path.
          <?php
          if ($_FILES['Filedata']['name']) {
          $uploadDir = "images/";
          $uploadFile = $uploadDir . basename($_FILES['Filedata']['name']);
          move_uploaded_file($_FILES['Filedata']['tmp_name'], $uploadFile);
          }
          $filename = "output.txt";
          $fp = fopen( $filename,"w+");
          fwrite ( $fp, "Test" );
          fwrite ( $fp, $_REQUEST['testvar'] );
          fclose( $fp );

?>

--
          Lon Hosford
          www.lonhosford.com
          Flash, Actionscript and Flash Media Server examples:
          http://flashexamples.hosfordusa.com
          May many happy bits flow your way!
          "Webmaster Pete" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e6nbnq$g8m$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > <help>,
          >
          > Ok so this is my problem. I have a flash movie that allows users to
          > uploads
          > two images to a server. What I'm trying to do is have the uploaded images
          > go
          > directly to their user's directory. I need the upload.php file to figure
          > out
          > which person is uploading an image. The php page that handles the file
          > uploads
          > will not read in any global variables (i.e. POST, GET, SESSION, COOKIE).
          > Also
          > FileReference.upload() doesn't allow you to send any GET / POST vars
          > along
          > with it (as far as I have tested and read about). I've been working on
          > this for
          > four days now and have concluded it's something to do with the Flash
          > FileReference calling the php page. I believe for some reason when
          > FileReference calls the php page the web server doesn't
          > like/allow/understand
          > how the page is called so it denies any global var requests. I know its
          > flash
          > because it works if I use an html front end with the same php uploader
          > page.
          >
          > So the goal for you 'out of the box' thinkers is to get one single darn
          > global variable pulled into the php upload page. The ONLY way I can think
          > of
          > doing this is when every time a user creates an account and their folder
          > is
          > created, it copies the php upload file their directory. Then in flash when
          > a
          > user needs to upload its calls the upload file in each persons upload
          > directory. Needless to say I do not want to do it this way but I'm running
          > out
          > of ideas.
          >
          > P.S. someone has suggested uploading the images to a temp file name and
          > then
          > immediatly move the image to the users folder but I I'm tentive to do it
          > that
          > way since you could get two people uploading at the same time and one
          > person
          > would get the second person's image and the second person would get an
          > error.
          >
          > <!--- actionscript code
          > this._fileRef.upload("upload.php"); <---- works
          > this._fileRef.upload("upload.php?user_id=4"); <---- does not work
          > //-->
          >
          > <?php
          > session_start();
          > $user_id = $_SESSION['user_id']; // Does not work
          > $user_id = $_COOKIE['user_id']; // Does not work
          > $user_id = $_GET['user_id']; // Does not work