4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2013 2:57 PM by Capturefilms

Premiere CS6 Indexing and Pending Problems - HELP!

Capturefilms Level 1

Gentlemen,

Any help you can offer on this would be terrific.

The problem is.....I have begun editing a feature in CS5, we set up a different project for each scene, 48 in total. Then upgraded to CS6.

When I open the projects in CS6, some of them work fine. However, most of them don't, and they have the same problems, which are;

1. All the media doesn't load. The status bar in the bottom left tells me there is xx "Remaining" (See Pic)

IMG_4036.JPG

2. The files don't index. Above the project window the message "Items to Index XX" appears.

IMG_4037.JPG

However, when I save one of these incomplete projects in CS6 and then open it in CS5, there are no problems. My scratch disks for 5 and 6 are the same.

I've searched and searched and this appears to be a common fault, but I can't find a solution that works for me. I've tried the following;

1. Uninstalling and re installing Premiere

2. Updating to 6.0.3

3. Cleaning media Cache

4. Replacing the missing files and then reloading

5. Temporarily removing all the preview files

6. Leaving a project open for 16 hours to see if it slowly indexes

None of this works. If anyone has the answer I would be very gratefull, I don't really want to restart 48 projects and I don't really want to go back to CS5, as CS6 is much better for the Matrox system.

I'm using MXF footage, from P2, 720p. I have noticed that this problem doesn't occur with projects that use other footage types.

My system is.....

Windows 7 Pro 64bit

8gb Ram

Many Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.