3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2015 10:37 AM by CGL888 RSS

Adobe AIR Error Message - Application Descriptor

AleishaDawn1980 Community Member

Upon starting my computer I keep getting an error message for Adobe AIR stating, "Application descriptor could not be found for this application. Try re-installing or contacting the publisher for assistance." I have uninstalled and re-installed Adobe AIR THREE times and have restared my computer with each new re-installation. The error message is still showing. Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Adobe AIR Error Message - Application Descriptor
          pwillener CommunityMVP

That sounds like the application is incorrectly compiled or installed.  What is the application?

• 2. Re: Adobe AIR Error Message - Application Descriptor
            brainstewn Community Member

I noticed that while the error message doesn't reveal what application, using adobe air, is failing, the icon in the taskbar did clue me in, because I recongized the logo, to which application needed to be uninstalled and addressed. 

• 3. Re: Adobe AIR Error Message - Application Descriptor
              CGL888

I successfully gotten rid of it for WINDOW 7.

This can be caused by some error/conflict with Air Adobe and any start-up programs scheduled to "open" "activated" at the first appearance of your desktop.

To find out what programs are running at the startup:

Click "Start"

type "msconfig" in the search engine at the bottom

click on "msconfig" icon appearing on top

a pop-up window titled "System Configuration" will appear

Click on "Startup" tab

At this point, I unclicked unnecessary programs that are not crucial in operating my computer.

Click "apply" or "Ok"

another pop-up window will ask you if you want to restart your computer.

I am not sure if I solved the "conflict' but certainly got rid of the annoying error message by turning off some "unnecessary" software that was automatically set to start as the computer booted.