3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2013 2:19 PM by A.T. Romano

Frozen or locked soundtrack in timeline

Miek1971

I've been adding music to my movie, adding mp3 files to the soundtrack bar in the timeline. Never had any problems. Now it seems locked or frozen. I cannot add new music, cannot edit or delete the music I added earlier. What is happening? I've spent a lot of time on this movie, I don't want to have to restart the project....

Thanks for any help you can give me!

• 1. Re: Frozen or locked soundtrack in timeline
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Miek1971

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

How much work had you beeing doing in the Soundtrack before it locked?

Is this a larger project than you usually work on?

What is the description of your computer resources? Is the computer optimized, including maintenance for pile ups of preview files, conformed audio files, and conformed video files?

You may find the following recent thread on narration track locking of interest.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5371961#5371961

Check out the resolution worked out by the person who wrote that thread...near end of thread...and see if any of that can be applied to your situation.

Please review the above, answer the questions, and then plan troubleshooting.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Frozen or locked soundtrack in timeline
            Miek1971 Level 1

I checked your link, and it has all the answers I'm looking for, thanks.

As to what caused my problem? I'm only about 15 minutes into a 90 minute movie. So I haven't done that much editing on the soundtrack bar. I've done much more in past projects.

I'm working on elements 11, as I did with previous projects, on a mac that was just cleaned and optimized. And the project I'm working with is similar to other projects I've done in the past...

For now, I've reset one of my last saves, so I just lost an hour's worth of work or so... Still annoying though. I'll abandon working on the soundtrack bar and start using one of the other sound bars. (silly me, using the soundtrack bar for my soundtrack... must be my blond-thinking coming through..)

Thanks for your help and quick reply!

• 3. Re: Frozen or locked soundtrack in timeline
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Miek1971

Thank for the update.

Glad that link was helpful.

If you have the time, please let us know the outcome for this project.

Thanks. Success with your projects.

ATR