Hello Everyone.

I have Three Videos Clips as follow:

720 by 480        29.97 fps      Shot by Canon GL1

--------------------------------------------------------------

1440 by 1080    29.97 fps      Shot By Canon XH-A1s

----------------------------------------------------------------

1920 by 1080    30fps           Shot By Canon 5D

---------------------------------------------------------------

I want to mixed these three videos into one movie what is the best way to do It, and How should I create my sequence ?

Should I start with the 1920 by 1080 ?

What If I want my 720 by 480 Clip start at the beginning ?

Thank you very much.

• 1. Re: RE: Adding Different Movies
          Steven L. Gotz Level 5

The problem is that the 720X480 will usually not look very good if you try to size it up to a 1280X720, even though the 1920X1080 will look fine at 1280X720.

So, that leaves the question, how good is the GL1 footage? Can it stand up to being scaled up? It depends on the footage, the subject, the quality of the original video, all of the above.

But let's ask what may be the most important question. What are you going to do with the video when you are done?

If you are going to write it out to a standard definition DVD, then edit the entire thing at 720X480. You have to decide if you want to export to 4:3 or use widescreen, and if widescreen then how are you going to deal with the black bars on both sides of the GL1 footage (unless you shot it widescreen).

You have the same problem if you scale it up to 1280X720, but now the quality might be pretty poor.

In any case, pick a frame size, create a sequence for that size, and start dropping footage on the timeline. One clip from each, and see how it looks.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: RE: Adding Different Movies
            animationlife Level 1

Dear Steven.

Thank you very much for your help. To size up the GL1 Footage to a 1280X720, or Higher, what Is the Best way to do It ?

• 3. Re: RE: Adding Different Movies
              shooternz Level 6

Working to lowest common denominator is best advice if you want to maintain best quality.

Scaling up is done by Motion>Scale or a plug called Instant HD

Here is what you are doing if you scale an image..

Digital_video_resolutions_(VCD_to_4K)_svg.png

• 4. Re: RE: Adding Different Movies
                Steven L. Gotz Level 5

As shooternz points out, it is best to avoid trying to scale an image up from 480 to 720.

As he also points out, InstantHD is well worth the $99 it costs. But try scaling it up in Premiere Pro first, using the Scale parameter in the Motion Effect. You never know. It might look OK to you. It might not.

By your question, can we assume that you are planning on creating a Blu-Ray disc, or playing it back on YouTube, or some other web site?

• 5. Re: RE: Adding Different Movies
                  animationlife Level 1

Its memories from Old Days, and adding them to my new clips. I like to create a different versions Most Likely  MPG2, and a D.V.D.

Thanks

• 6. Re: RE: Adding Different Movies
                    Steven L. Gotz Level 5

If it is going to end up on a DVD, then edit at 720X480.

You might be surprised at how much better it looks on a big screen HDTV using the hardware scaling of a decent DVD player. When all of the images are at the same size, and same approximate quality, it will look better overall.

I suggest that you try a minute of two of each type of media on a timeline, and export to the different methods you intend to use to watch the video. That will help you make the decision.

• 7. Re: RE: Adding Different Movies
                      animationlife Level 1

Thank you very much I will do that.