2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2013 4:17 PM by A.T. Romano

Pixelating in Premiere Elements 10

CODogMom

I am trying to use Premiere Elements 10 for the first time.  I imported a file from my Panasonic Lumix camera that was recorded in "Motion JPEG" Format.  The file plays great in Quicktime (fullscreen on a 23.5 inch monitor).  When I play it in Premiere Elements 10 in the upper left window, it is very pixelated.  Please help.  I am trying to use Premiere Elements to combine two files and do a little editing.

• 2. Re: Pixelating in Premiere Elements 10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

CODogMom

MotionJPEG can be a problematic video codec for Premiere Elements, more in the availability of it to the program. But, before we jump on the MotionJPEG drill, let us factor in or out the way that you have set up the project.

1. What are the properties of the video from this Panasonic Lumix camera beside video compression...such as frame size, frame rate, aspect ratio, file extension, progressive or interlaced...I am thinking that it is interlaced. If so, what is the Field Order: Upper Field First or Lower Field First. I am guessing Upper Field First.

2. The project preset that you set should match the properties of the source media. So what are you setting as the project preset so that the project is directed to set up the correct space in the Edit Mode monitor for editing purposes?

3. How do you intend to export your Timeline after import/edit?

Have you used and other version of Premiere Elements before and, if so, on this same computer? And, with this same Panasonic footage?

What two files are you trying to combine? Two files from the same camera recorded with the same settings or other?

Please review and then we will decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR