4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2013 9:18 AM by crrc

How do I get started???

crrc

I subscribe to CS6 and have Acrobat XI Pro, which is supposed to include FormsCentral, but I don't know how to even find it! I have searched high and low...how's that for a beginner question?

Ultimately, I am trying to create forms with expanding text fields that will print all of the text - which I read has recently been implemented. I already have the forms but the limitations are not acceptable for our purpose currently as my only options seem to be to have the text shrink down to 6 pts. or just print a truncated version of the form response. Thank you!

• 1. Re: How do I get started???
          Lucia Lao Employee Moderator

Hi,

>>..but I don't know how to even find it! I have searched high and low..

- Launch Acrobat XI Pro

- On the dasboard select "Select a Task / Create Form"

- Or select main menu File / Create / Create Form...

Then select "From Scratch or Template" radio button on the "Create Form" dialog. 

FormsCentral will launch in offline mode, if you like to distribute/collect data then you will need to sign in.

Thanks,

Lucia

• 2. Re: How do I get started???
            Genevieve Laroche Adobe Employee

FormsCentral for Acrobat does come with Acrobat Pro XI.

On Windows 7, the executable is location here : C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 11.0\FormsCentral

On Mac, the application is location here : /Applications/Adobe Acrobat XI Pro

You can also access FormsCentral in your browser here : https://formscentral.acrobat.com/signin.html

The only time where we do grow the text field to show all content (the new feature recently added to FormsCentral) is when

1) the form is designed in FormsCentral (doesn't work for PDF imported in FormsCentral)

2) the form is hosted online (doesn't work for *local* forms generated in the desktop applicaiton)

3) you either have a paid account or access FormsCentral from the FormsCentral for Acrobat desktop application so that you can download responses as PDF forms

4) you generete a response pdf form from a row of data (select a row of data in the View Responses Tab and right click on the row and select "Download Response as PDF Form...")

Hope this helps

Gen

• 3. Re: How do I get started???
              crrc Level 1

Thank you!

• 4. Re: How do I get started???
                crrc Level 1

Thank you Gen. We don't want to host the form online so I guess I won't be using the feature right now, but when I have a chance I will look in to using the online hosting; good to know it's available.