5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2014 6:01 AM by vhee

CC epub custom TOC export bug

duGarbandier

Exporting an epub, with a custom epub TOC style. Two issues: first, there is a new option in the setup dialog: Make text anchor in source paragraph. On exporting, I get an error message saying that it is unchecked, when it is checked.

Second, once exported, the epub TOC style has been ignored, and the existing print TOC (complete with print-edition page numbers) is placed instead.

• 1. Re: CC epub custom TOC export bug
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What happens if you uncheck the "make text anchor in source paragraph" option (which I've never used)?

I'm a bit confused by your description. Can you provide screen captures to explain further.

• 2. Re: CC epub custom TOC export bug
            duGarbandier Level 1

If it’s ok to paste it here:

If the Make text anchor in source paragraph is unchecked, then the associated error message (pasted below) is true. Trouble is, the same error message appears whether the option is checked or not.

• 3. Re: CC epub custom TOC export bug
              vhee Level 1

along those lines... having the same problem, even after saving the Unchecked

i created a new TOC, ungrouped a section heading from a table (which i thought might be the culprit), made a new TOC style, saved as Reflowable...

and i only get this

The file was exported but one or more problems were detected:

Resource : 1 missing

Macintosh HD:Applications:Adobe InDesign CC 2014:Adobe InDesign CC 2014.app:Contents:MacOS:template.css

and still no TOC.

so how do i find my template?

george

sorry if this is vague, but i'm only learning and not upon the jargon....

• 4. Re: CC epub custom TOC export bug
                Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I've moved this thread to the InDesign EPUB forum where it will get a better chance of being answered.

• 5. Re: CC epub custom TOC export bug
                  vhee Level 1

reply to self (and steve, and anyone else out there in Imaginationland;

just did a bit of cleaning of the my book.

removed the problem above, of an offending css template from the "Additional CSS" in the export options.

success!

but... only when exporting as Fixed Layout. and i get my chapters but no links to them...

and still no chapter page when exporting as Reflowable.

i think i need to do some more cleaning of the document.

so i persevere.

g