3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2013 9:53 AM by resdesign

Creating a realistic swing effect.

timpennells Level 1

This is probably not that difficult, but I am no animator.

I would like to create an effect wherby this .gif image of the gate swings inward.

http://kob2.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

Ive tried (admittedly) not that hard at doing it with the skew options within Edge Animate but I cannot get it to swing realisticly.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Creating a realistic swing effect.
          resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I think that you may need 3 or 4 images that show 3 or 4 stages. Load them on the stage, select them all in the elements panel, convert to symbol.

Double click the symbol on the stage to enter edit.

Now use display on and off for each of the images.

select image one and move the playhead to one notch - select display on the left and choose on - move the play head one more notch - choose display off - select next image without moving the playhead and choose display on - move to next notch and choose display 0ff - select 3rd image select on - move 1 notch - select display off - etc...

Make the distance between each notch (time on the timeline) as small as you want.

This should be smooth enough.

The other way is to use jquery animate. To do the skewing smoothly you may need to add an easing.

You should be able to add easing to your skewing if you did it directly in animate.

let me know if you need a sample for the top explanation here.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Creating a realistic swing effect.
            timpennells Level 1

An sample of the top process would be good. The animation needs to occur on rollover.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Creating a realistic swing effect.
              resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Do not judge the art - this is just a sample!

Look on the stage for the display on/off and here is where it is set:

12-17-2012 8-43-58 AM.png

https://app.box.com/s/gdgcxnlg8raijoa3coy4