• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 7 to 10: Custom table styles need to display in Available Styles?

Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded from RH7 to 10. For the most part, it was quite smooth. However, while I was able to import my custom table styles in to the program so that they display in the Table Templates, I cannot get the styles to be in the Available Table Styles to actually apply them.

I've been round and round the online help and the forums; has anyone else encountered this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What has changed is that tables are now CSS driven. The easiest way to create the CSS tables is to go to Tables and click Insert so that you are offered the predefined tables. Pick whatever is nearest to what you want.

Then go to the Style Pod, select Tables and edit the table to get what you want.

You can then apply that to your existing tables or leave them as is. I recommend updating as it will be easier in the future. When you apply the new style by right clicking in a table, make sure you select the Clean inline styles option.

Make sure you have a backup until you are happy with the process and the outcome.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, take a look at the RoboHelp Tour on my site.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2013 Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Hoping you can help me. I'm back to this table style stuff now that my release is complete. I've been looking through your RH Tour and still have a question. Can you copy table styles from one project to another? It used to be that you just had to copy them into the RH gallery from the main installation folder, but I'm not seeing them now that you create them this way.

I maintain a huge online system (78 different projects with one master project linking them), so if I can just copy my newly created table style, it would be a huge advantage.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Dawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2013 Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In a project with the required CSS, right click the file and click Edit With > HTML Editor. Locate all the tables CSS and copy it to your clipboard.

Then open the target CSS in the same way and paste that to the end of the file.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! Thank you, Peter. I will check that out. I thought there may have been something that was changed with such a big jump in releases for me. Everything seems to be compiling fine so it's just a matter of rebuilding in the .css. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp