5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2013 1:08 PM by MW Design

How do I add a 2nd Photo field

Jim04 Level 1

I am using ID CS 6 on a Mac.  I have created a INDD file with fileds to import date for a directory.  I have one photo field but would not like to create another photo fiedl for photos2 in the CSV database.

See this screen shot:

Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 12.47.27 PM.png

• 1. Re: How do I add a 2nd Photo field
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Add it the same way you adde the  first one...

• 2. Re: How do I add a 2nd Photo field
            Jim04 Level 1

I resolved this problem.  For you or anyone who might be interested:

When set up the IDD document, the "target document", I first drew a text box with the Type tool.  Next I typed the word Photo and below that the Names, addresses, etc.  Then I highlighted each item and clicked on the field in the Data Merge panel (found at Window menu->Utilities).  This converted the text to fields and Photo to the <<photos>> field.

Later after creating another photo field, Photos2, in my CSV database, I again used the Type tool. I clicked next to the original photo box.  This did not produce a text box, but only a black line next to the first photo box.  I then clicked on the <<photos2>> field in the Data Merge panel.  This created a second photos2 box which i resized to match the first photo box.

• 3. Re: How do I add a 2nd Photo field
              MW Design Level 4

As for the frames for the images, you can simply draw them out, resize, select any frame fitting options for them, and then drag the image merge name(s) onto the frames. This tags them and the merge fills them as appropriate.

capture-000508.png

capture-000509.png

Mike

• 4. Re: How do I add a 2nd Photo field
                Jim04 Level 1

Thanks, I am beginning to get the hang of IDD.  very helpful.

• 5. Re: How do I add a 2nd Photo field
                  MW Design Level 4

Yep, I understand the learning thing.

Good people here for asking Qs and getting answers. The search function on the forum is kind of funky, but has bailed me out more often than naught.