3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2013 8:51 AM by heathrowe

All Edge objects are drawing behind the pre-existing HTML file

AaronP_

I have an existing HTML page (created in Adobe Muse) and I am trying to draw some Adobe Edge objects on top of the page (e.g. a rectangle or an image). When I look in the layers panel, the Edge objects show as top in the list. However, visually when I look at the page, the elements show behind the pre-existing HTML page from Muse. Is there any known way to fix this, or is it a bug?

• 1. Re: All Edge objects are drawing behind the pre-existing HTML file
          heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

Unfortunately its a symptom of Muse document workflow and something in the way it places the script references on the page (bottom). As far as I can tell.

Why not go the other way: create animation in Edge, File > Publish to .oam, then in Muse import that .oam to the approapriate page.

Darrell

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: All Edge objects are drawing behind the pre-existing HTML file
            AaronP_ Level 1

Thanks, Darrell, that's a good suggestion. Do you know if there's a lot of overhead to, say, having many small edge compositions on one page? I was planning on overlaying a number of small objects (e.g. a small interactive animated button) -- my guess is that's not what .oam was meant for but it might work anyways.

• 3. Re: All Edge objects are drawing behind the pre-existing HTML file
              heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

Unfortunately I have not tried multiple compositions (oam) in Muse to verify. I would imagine it may be a little extra overhead if you are adding more than one.

However if you can break it down a bit - example is one of the Edge Animations going to be on all pages? Some (more than one, but not all) pages, then you should attempt to utilize Muse Master page features. It could help the overhead if you need to show the same animation throughout (example use case, header area) if it imported (once), then let Muse take care of the multiple use cases (ala the Master Page(s)).

Or in the case of an interactive button, it may be best to resort to the way Muse creates them, if you plan to add plenty.

hth

Darrell

1 person found this helpful