2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2013 11:40 AM by kchopra

InDesign CS6 Crashing Constantly

mr.indie

Ever since upgrading to the Creative Cloud thing (from CS3) InDesign CS6 has been crashing constantly. Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Acrobat are just fine.

As far as I can tell, the crashes are arbitrary. It's not only when I'm using a specific tool, it's not only when I'm saving, etc. I might be exporting to PDF, I might be typing, I might be doing anything.

Usually I get the error: "Adobe InDesign is shutting down. A serious error was detected. Please restart InDesign to recover work in any unsaved InDesign document."

Sometimes relaunching ID works for an hour, and sometimes for a few minutes, but sometimes it will go into perpetual crash mode, where it crashes on relaunch repeatedly. The only way to get out of this is to restart the computer. Usually in these cases all unsaved work is lost and the document can no longer be opened without causing an ID crash while attempting to open it. Cumulatively, I've lost hours of work now, despite having to save about every 30 seconds.

It happens even when ID is the only program open. And now even trying to run InDesign CS3 as a backup doesn't work. It crashes the same way, when it didn't before this so-called "upgrade."

Me:

iMac with 3.1 Ghz Intel Core i5

24 GB Ram

OS 10.7.5

Creative Cloud recognizes InDesign CS6 as being "up to date"

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm desperate.