• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PowerPoint Baggage File

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Robo 9 in Windows 7.  I can import a PowerPoint baggage file and link to it (the link is in a table in the topic).  When I generate WebHelp, View the output and click the link, nothing happens.  Does Robo 9 place nicely with PPT?  I've gone to the hyperlink properties and tried opening in different frames, and even popups, to no avail.

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Hello again

Okay, so when you generate, I'm guessing you have enabled the Mark Of The Web option? If so, that's likely what is killing the link. So you might try turning that option off, then try again.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm guessing that the issue here is one of the browser not understanding what it should do with a file using a PPT or PPTX file extension.

My guess is that you will find you need to convert the file to a different format that be more universally understood.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, I wondered if PPT was the problem.  The odd thing is, when I preview the topic using the eyeglasses icon, I can open the PPT file.  It's when I generate and view the results that the link goes dead.  WebHelp is my primary layout.  Is there a setting I might change to get this to work?

I can't change the PPT format, but I can publish the slide deck on our intranet and link to it from the project, so there is a backup plan. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Okay, so when you generate, I'm guessing you have enabled the Mark Of The Web option? If so, that's likely what is killing the link. So you might try turning that option off, then try again.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, that fixed the problem.  But the Add Mark of the Web option is necessary in my case, because the company's Internet Explorer settings disable Robo's ActiveX controls and prevent some of the navigation features from working properly.  I'm going to have to go with Plan B, publish the PPT deck on our intranet and link to it from Robo.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's usually the best way to fly if you can, yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this just a problem while you are working on it or when the end users access the help?

If it is just you, the other way in IE to avoid the ActiveX problem is to go into IE advanced options and Enable Active Content on My Computer. That way you don't need MoW. Or maybe you are blocked from changing it?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp