• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creative cloud won't launch

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now spent over 10 hours on the phone trying sort my problem out.  I have had 3 people from Adobe take control of my screen and still no solution.  They keep promising to call me back but no one ever does, I guess when they have your subscription that's where the support ends. 

Basically I downloded CC app onto both my MacBook Pro and iMAc at different location home and office and downloaded a couple of apps Photoshop, Lightroom and Muse on Saturday on both computers no problem..  The little cloud icon was in the top tool bar and even had a few updates to download on the Sunday. However on Monday this icon has disappeared and Creative Cloud won't launch and I cannot download any apps.  They have tried allsorts, taking control of my screen 3 times, deleting stuff, repairing permissions, installer creative cloud cleaner etc etc and still nothing.  They asked me to send 30 odd log files to them yesterday to <E-mail address removed by Moderator> attention of somebody  called Sunit.

Have just called the tech support number as nobody has called me back.  Guess what, the log files they asked me to send which i did twice have been lost so now they want be to subit system info (again) just uploaded and 1236 page pdf.  They also wanted log files from the /tmp folder but unfortunately they aren't there as somebody from Adobe deleted them yesterday afternoon. What a shambles!  I have now not been able to work fro 3 days but apparently they appreciate my patience.  My pateience is rapidly running out.  Is there anyone out there from adobe who can help me please.  Adobe convinced me not to buy Creative Suite 6 (upgrade from Creative Suite 5) but go for Creative Cloud instead, now you have my money nobdy seems to be able to help.  Meanwhile my business is going down the tubes. 

I have just been told now after being on the phone nearly an hour that it will be escaletd again and someone will call me back in 48 hours.  What a joke....I have already been promised 3 call backs since Sunday and no one has called me. 

Can somebody from Adobe please help me as tech support appear unwilling to do so

thank you

david

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

I was having the same problem since the most recent Creative Cloud update about 3 days ago.  CC wouldn't launch on my iMac (running OSX 10.7.5.) at all, nor would it launch from the dock or upon a "reveal in finder" action.

I was able to fix it quite simply as follows:

Go to System Prefs

Click Users and Groups

Click on the lock to access the Admin account and enter the Admin password

Click on  the "Login Items" tab

Click on the box to set a check mark and enable Creative Cloud on LogIn

Click on the loc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update is anyone is interested.  Never got a call back so called again and after another hour and a half on the phone Adobe's solution to my problem is that the problem lies with Apple not them! So they advised me there is nothing more they can so I need to call Apple.  So according to Adobe tech support my problem is the fact that Creative Cloud does not work properly with Mac OS 10.7.5. I find that hard to believe.  Happy to sell me a subscription after telling me my operating system was fine.  The tech support service you offer is disgraceful.  12 -13 hours spent mainly on hold on the phone -  5 seperate call backs not acted on no one ever called me back, documents e mailed to <E-mail address removed by Moderator> and then again uploaded via the adobe website as instructed to be told that they can't find the documents.

Thanks a lot Adobe, I have spent thousands on your products-  2 full creative suites, various copies of photoshop over the years and this is how you treat loyal customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David I am sorry you have been facing so many difficulties with your installation of the Creative Cloud.  Can you please post your case number so I can review your interaction with our support team.

I am also editing out the tech support address you have posted.  We only want to have customers using the e-mail address when requested.  By having it posted in the forums it will likely increase the amount of spam messages sent to that distribution list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff

Sorry I didn't realise about e mail address.  My case number is 0184609009.  I have just managed a work around based on some of your previous posts but it isn't ideal as I have to create a new admin account every time creative cloud disappears from my computer., which it keeps doing.  My last call with tech suppport they said they would leave the case open but there was nothing they could do as the problem is with Apple so I should call them.  They tried yesterday to create a new admin account when they were screen sharing but it still didn't work although it has worked for me tonight.  Sorry if I appear frustrated but half of my calls weren't even logged it appears and all the files I e mailed and uploaded were lost apparently so I had to explain my life story from page 1 each time I called. 

I still have to solve the same problem on my iMac at my office so do I use the same work around? 

Thanks for replying

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David I have submitted a request for a member of our support team to contact you.  You may want to try adjusting file permissions in your original user account.  You can find details on how to adjust your file permissions at Error "Exit 6" or "Exit 7" | Install log | Read, write, system file errors | CS5, CS5.5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-exit-6-exit-7.html.  The locations you may want to consider adjusting the file permissions for are as follows:

Library/Application Support/Adobe

Users/<UserName>/Library/Application Support/Adobe

I also wanted to make you aware that case 0184609009 has still been open and was pending an update from you.  If there is any additional information you want to add please feel free to update your case at http://www.adobe.com/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2013 Sep 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I am having literally this EXACT same issue. I downloaded and installed on my Mac Book Pro at home and then on my iMac in my office. I can no longer launch Creative Cloud at the very least on my Macbook Pro. I haven't tried the iMac, since it's Labor Day. But this does pose a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patrick David's issue was resolved by logging into a new Administrator account.  If this does not resolve your difficulties then I would recommend you start a new discussion with the specifics, including any relevant errors, of the difficulties which you have been facing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2013 Sep 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeff,

I just wanted to post an update to my progress. My issue was solved.

I actually don't have another admin account and I really didn't want to create another one. I'm the only user on this computer. So it made sense. Anyway, I got on chat with an adobe rep and he took control of my screen. He kept trying to just install Creative Cloud Desktop app again and again and it wouldn't install. So he had me enable "root user" account. Which, technically IS another admin acount. We went into that and installed Creative Cloud again. Then we updated it. Once that was finished, I restarted the computer and went back into MY user account, where CC was available again for me to log in to.

So the issues:

Creative Cloud desktop app would not open (no error message, just wouldn't open- Although the process is open in Activity monitor)

Creative Cloud desktop app wouldn't install again (to possibly repair old one)

Solution:

Go to root user account and install and update

restart

Go to your user account, login.

Boom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2013 Sep 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks for the update Patrick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem since the most recent Creative Cloud update about 3 days ago.  CC wouldn't launch on my iMac (running OSX 10.7.5.) at all, nor would it launch from the dock or upon a "reveal in finder" action.

I was able to fix it quite simply as follows:

Go to System Prefs

Click Users and Groups

Click on the lock to access the Admin account and enter the Admin password

Click on  the "Login Items" tab

Click on the box to set a check mark and enable Creative Cloud on LogIn

Click on the lock again to save changes

Done.

CC launches as it should on startup and login, and displays in the toobar once OSX completes building the desktop.

Anyway, hope this helps.  It worked for me.

Best,

Clay Coleman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2014 Nov 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works! Thankyou Clay, you just saved me time setting up a tethered photoshoot! 

Legend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2014 Nov 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first started reading this message stream with the same problem I felt a bit sick in the stomach.  Then I came to your post Clay, followed the instructions and hey presto it worked beautifully.  Times like these you have to love the internet, and appreciate guys like you making my life so much easier, and saving me time and money.

THANK YOU.

B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm, thank you clay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2014 Dec 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Clay Coleman. Not sure why everything was hunky-dory yesterday, but wouldn't work today. Luckily I found your solution — you saved my day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Clay!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned on my computer this morning and the symbol on my mac where the wifi and battery symbol are, is not highlighted anymore... I recently changed internet modem...could this have caused a problem? your method worked yesterday just not responding today... the cursor has the wheel of doom spinning when i hover it over the cc logo.

Please anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!  You've just helped me to solve the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2015 Feb 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

I'm sure what you are saying will work, so can you please help me?

my computer is in Hebrew, and i can't find the system prefs...

Can you please write how did you get to it?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Royweins the Creative Cloud Desktop application utilizes the language settings of your operating system/User account.  Please adjust these settings so that you can utilize the Creative Cloud Desktop application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2015 Jan 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem here.   My creative cloud application launches and terminates instantly on its own

It even kills its processes in the activity monitor.

I have tried the solutions above and they dont work

Any one able to help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2015 Jan 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peteruprecht I would recommend trying the suggestions discussed in Re: Yosemite Creative Cloud crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, yet on windows...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2015 Jul 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here and i tried all five of the solutions the offer to fix it and still nothing but a spinning wheel after i log in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just me or is Adobe software pretty much the suckiest stuff out there for everyone else as well?  This crap is failing to work more consistently than any other app I have (except maybe firefox).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines