• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Following Mouse Around Screen

Guru ,
Jan 13, 2008 Jan 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I'm a native Flash Developer, and would like to start creating some tutorials. I bought Captivate 3, and now have a question. I have a large monitor, and capturing the entire thing isn't a smart idea. I'm wondering if there is a way to set a capture size, however, when the mouse leaves that capture size, it pans with with mouse... Basically following the mouse around the screen so the end user can see what is going on... Thanks for your help in advance, this seems to be a very nice product.
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dzedward

Unfortunately Captivate does not offer such a recording mode. I do believe that is something Camtasia 5 and maybe Jing offers. Hopefully we will see something similar in a future version.

One way you might accomplish something similar using Captivate would be to configure your recording size as desired. Then record different segments, with each segment covering one quadrant of the application. You could then start each segment off by having a capture of the full screen that you shrink to fit the recording size of the segment. Then perhaps use a zoom area to "blow up" the quadrant being talked about.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for information!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources