3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2013 2:53 AM by Liam Dilley

Learning eCommerce function to add to a Muse Site

Tony At Work Level 1

Hi,

I'm new to Muse and constructing websites.

I have a Team Membership which give the five WebBasics. If I wish to learn about adding the Business Catalyst functions such as eCommerce. Do I have to upgrade the WebBasics to WebCommerce packages. Or is there a way to learn without actualy publishing a finished site?

Any help would be great.

• 1. Re: Learning eCommerce function to add to a Muse Site
          Liam Dilley Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can not use those those sites for it without upgrading.

You need to either upgrade or setup a trial site directly from BC.

You will find issues building eCommerce sites with Muse as it does not support these more complex features.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Learning eCommerce function to add to a Muse Site
            Tony At Work Level 1

Thanks Liam,

I just need to add customer portals to our own website so clients can select items that we hold in storage for them, to be sent out to events and exhibitions that we are organising for them. I don't need any payments etc just select items and let us know.

I'll set up a BC Trial and see how it goes.

• 3. Re: Learning eCommerce function to add to a Muse Site
              Liam Dilley Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Since it comes as part of the eCommerce package your better of creating some securezones and web apps, customise those as products and have a form that takes the information of what they want.

You can still go down quote root with the eCommerce as well but you got options.

Have a go with the Trial Tony but just be wary a few things wont be exposed in Muse or be able to do well in that. If you need help of course people are here and you can hit up a partner like us at Pretty or say Simpleflame, Bosweb, BC Gurus or others if you need help to do the actual implementations.

1 person found this helpful