6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2013 5:56 PM by station_two

Printing problems with CS3 in Photoshop

BonnieBZD

I have Photoshop CS3.  Just got a new HP Photosmart 7520 not good prints results so far. Need help printing asap. Need to know how to set the printer dialog box to give me best prints.  Appreciative of help ASAP  as I have a big job I need to complete and am stuck with this printer.

• 1. Re: Printing problems with CS3 in Photoshop
          Level 5

You have to give a lot more detailed information and a clearer description of your issue.  "…not good prints results so far" tells us nothing, and we don't even have a clue as to whether you are on a Mac or a Windows box, or what exact versions of the OS and Photoshop you are running.

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers: 

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

• 2. Re: Printing problems with CS3 in Photoshop
            Level 5

Color management is a very, very complex issue.

You can start learning here:

http://www.gballard.net/psd/cmstheory.html

If you need further help, please specify what type of file, in what format and with what color profile embedded, how you're calibrating and profiling your monitor, what kind of paper and ink you are using, what is your target printing profile, etc.

• 3. Re: Printing problems with CS3 in Photoshop
              BonnieBZD Level 1

All I want to know is how do I create successful printing from Photoshop. I have CS3 and need to know how to set the print dialog box. I am working on a Mac running OS10.6.8.

Please don't tell me to call Adobe tech support for Photoshop.  Because I am still working on CS3 I was told today that they no longer have support for it. They could not help me. Very disappointing.

I have always had a HP printer over the years and loved the quality and clarity and matching of their printers. My old printer worked just fine.  My new HP printer is  a Photosmart 7520 is not giving me as fine prints as my old printer.  When I select "Photoshop Manages color" in the print dialog box the prints are about 20% darker than the screen.  When I select "printer manages color" strange colors come out.  I am a professional Graphic Designer and need to print from Photoshop. Is there anyone out there who can help me set my print dialog box so my CS3 Photoshop version will give me successful prints? I am printing either photoshop files or jpegs usually in RGB. I am printing on HP premium quality glossy paper.

Thank you.

Bonnie

• 4. Re: Printing problems with CS3 in Photoshop
                Level 5

BonnieBZD wrote:

All I want to know is how do I create successful printing from Photoshop…

…and I can offer no further assistance without the missing details. Sorry.

I'm out of this thread.

From the link I provided above:

Remember, you are requesting Help from other users, just like you, who are giving their time free of charge. No-one is under any obligation to answer your question.

and

An aggressive or abusive sounding post will often evoke an aggressive or abusive and unhelpful reply.

• 5. Re: Printing problems with CS3 in Photoshop
                  BonnieBZD Level 1

I just sent you the details.

Bonnie

• 6. Re: Printing problems with CS3 in Photoshop
                    Level 5

Where did you send them?