1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 14, 2008 5:35 AM by Newsgroup_User

Settings Not Saved

mjeune
      Ok, this oddity has been an annoyance since I did a re-install of other CS3 components of my computer.

What's happening is this: even though I configure Fireworks to not show the Start Page and the Guides, whenever I launch it to start a new project they keep showing up. I uninstalled CS3 completely and re-installed Fireworks from scratch, but the problem persists.

I don't remember seeing this behavior, hence why I didn't think this was a bug. If this is a known bug, can someone confirm? Otherwise, could someone point me to the location of these settings on the disk (whether in a directory or the Windows Registry, I am on XP) so that I can clear them once and for all?

I appreciate any assistance you can provide.
        • 1. Re: Settings Not Saved
          Level 7
          mjeune wrote:

> I don't remember seeing this behavior, hence why I didn't think this was a
          > bug. If this is a known bug, can someone confirm? Otherwise, could someone
          > point me to the location of these settings on the disk (whether in a directory
          > or the Windows Registry, I am on XP) so that I can clear them once and for all?

I've never heard of this problem before. It could be that your Fireworks
          preferences file has gone wonky. Do a look through the Application Data,
          Fireworks directory for it. On my computer it is located in the English
          folder. Delete the file and reload Fireworks to restore all defaults.
          Once they have been restored, try turning off the start page again.

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
          --------------------------------------------------------------