3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2013 4:44 AM by Jim_Simon

Multichannel output is fine on Premiere playback, but NOT on export

ivanhalen Level 1

Hi all,

I just installed Premiere Pro CC leveraging my CC subscription

For a show with my band I have to do some videos with a stereo track (music sequences, audio fx, background vocals, etc.) and a mono track (metronome/click for drummer)
      I have some multi-output external sound cards (Roland FA-66 and a Presonus Firepod), so stereo track will be on output 1-2 and metronome on output 3

So far so good

I setup audio tracks in a new "sequence" as shown in the following picture:

000.jpg

Then I make sure that Audio track mixer has the right settings:

001.jpg

I can hear the "base" track (stereo) coming from output 1-2 of my sound card, and click coming from output 3 (I have 3 loudspeakers), so I'm sure it's a fine setup

Now the best part: when I go to export, no matter what format I choose (AVI, H.264, QuickTime, etc.), the audio tab shows only Mono and Stereo options, an do "multichannel" options.

The picture shows that the sourse is "Multichannel", but the output, for an unknown reason, is "Stereo"

002.jpg

Of course, my metronome track get mixed (in the left channel) with the "base" track, so it's useless

I also tried with 5.1 settings, same thing: the click is always mixed wioth the main stereo track

Where am I wrong? Any clue, please?
      Thanks