3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2013 7:54 AM by A.T. Romano

Problems uploading to facebook

pkrgrltna1006

After I go through all of the steps trying to upload a video to facebook, it comes up as an error at the very end and will not post. I have posted videos before without a problem.

• 1. Re: Problems uploading to facebook
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It's hard to say without knowing more about your project and your computer. Have you gone to Edit/Preferences and updated your Web Services?

Also, sometimes Facebook just gets so busy that it won't accept uploads.

What happens if you use Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with the Vimeo HD preset? This will output an mp4. Can you then upload this mp4 to Facebook with good results?

• 2. Re: Problems uploading to facebook
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Along with Steve's questions and suggestions, I have a few questions also:

What version of PrE are you using?

How long is your Timeline, i.e. its Duration?

The reason for those questions is that for quite a few versions, the max. Duration was 10 mins., regardless of what type of YouTube Account one had, then was bumped up to ~15 mins. Duration, with about PrE 11. As YouTube increases the Duration allowed, PrE will lag behind, as it gets written and released by what is the standard at the time. Also, PrE uses max. Durations for the general accounts, where some users have an extended account, with greater Duration. For that situation, Steve's suggestion to Export/Share/Publish to a file, then manually uploading that file, will be the way to go.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Problems uploading to facebook
              A.T. Romano Level 7

SG

pkrgritna1006 specific issue is with Facebook not YouTube which does have a max file size duration for the upload direct from Premiere Elements.

I do not use Facebook. So, I ask if you know whether or not the Facebook upload from Premiere Elements has limitations with regard to file size and duration? I do not see that type of information listed in the Online/Facebook sector consequently I have been assuming that there is no limit. And, I prefer not to create a Facebook account to find out.

I have used Vimeo and have not found any limitations with uploads from Premiere Elements' Online sharing. But then again I have not really pushed the limits for Premiere Elements' Online sharing Vimeo.

Thanks for your input on this.

ATR