2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2008 4:26 PM by Scott McAllister

headerBackgroundSkin property broken

Scott McAllister Level 1
      After upgrading to Beta 3 of Flex Builder 3 I noticed that my skin for my DataGrid header was no longer showing. My two other skins - for scrollbars and comboBoxes - were still showing, but the DataGrid header is now just white. Did the syntax for the headerBackgroundSkin style property change?
        • 1. Re: headerBackgroundSkin property broken
          Scott McAllister Level 1
          Apparently, it is not the update that breaks it. My co-worker was able to upgrade to Beta 3 and keep the value of headerBackgroundSkin intact. However, we've noticed that the upgrade has done something else.

On my instance of Flex Builder (running on OS X) most of my interface components were out of place after I upgraded to Beta 3. Although I thought it was odd, I took the time to reposition everything back to its proper location. But, when said co-worker upgraded to Beta 3 (on XP) all the interface components were out of place in the opposite direction. I only mention the OS because that was the only difference between our configurations.

• 2. Re: headerBackgroundSkin property broken
            Scott McAllister Level 1
            It turns out that the problem stemmed from the Project Properties. When creating a Flex project with Flex Builder 3 (beta 3) and specify ColdFusion as a server Flex Builder uses the Flex SDK that is on the ColdFusion server - which is Flex 2.0.1.

To change this you can go to the Project menu and select Properties. In the Properties find the Flex Compiler section on the left and you will see the Flex SDK version section at the top of the window. By default "Use the server's SDK" should be selected. In order to use the features from Flex 3 (like headerBackgroundSkin) you want to use a Flex 3 SDK. Select an option with Flex 3 as an SDK and click Apply at the bottom of the window.

This fixed the skin problem for me.