3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2013 6:37 AM by SAFEHARBOR11

Video and Audio Files are different lengths when exporting

sailon99

I'm just trying to get comforatable with a much faster Windows workstation on PPro and AE.

I just exported my first project from PPro to burn to Blu-ray like I've done dozens of times on our older Mac Pro w/o problems.

My Ppro file is 7:04:18 in length.  I export the video as an mp2 Blu-ray video and import it into Encore and it shows up at that same length.

I export the audio as an aif and import it into Encore and it shows up as 7:06:19 in length--2 seconds and 1 frame longer.

Everything is CS6.  File is 1920 x 1080, sq pixels, 29.97.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening?

• 1. Re: Video and Audio Files are different lengths when exporting
          SAFEHARBOR11 Most Valuable Participant

First off, when you export to "MPEG-2 Blu-ray", you ought to be getting BOTH the audio and video exported at once - there should be a .wav file next to the video clip. Why .aif??? If you don't find the .wav file already on your drive, then just export from Premiere as Windows Waveform with default settings of 48k 16 bit stereo and import that into Encore.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Video and Audio Files are different lengths when exporting
            sailon99 Level 1

Thanks for the feedback.  I exported to aif as I was going to burn the Blu-ray on our Mac Pro in Encore, since we don't yet have a Blu-ray burner installed in our new Windows workstation. 

Upon seeing your note, I re-exported the project as you described and placed the wav and mp2 in Windows Encore and they are both the same time length.

It seems the aif should be the same too... but I assume wav is likely the preferred format on Windows so will be using that as the new workflow.

Thanks for your help!

• 3. Re: Video and Audio Files are different lengths when exporting
              SAFEHARBOR11 Most Valuable Participant

I've heard of .aif, but never used it for anything in my life - on a PC, the .wav is the default audio format. Something that may help your current workflow is that in Encore, rather than burn to disc, you can in the Build section export a DISC IMAGE, or .iso file, and that might be easier to transport over to the Mac for burning.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

1 person found this helpful