8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2013 7:34 AM by A.T. Romano

Lesson 9 Adding Background Music

BillyMNJ

In lesson 9 "Creating Background Music" I performed the steps 1 thru 11as directed and all was well until step 12. In step 12 you hit the 'Send' button to send the music clip to the timeline, however, when I hit the 'Send' button in step 12, it launches my browser and sends me to the SmartSound web page to purchase their SmartSound Professional Software.

Does anyone have a fix for this so that this step works as described in the lesson.

Thanks

BillyMNJ

• 1. Re: Lesson 9 Adding Background Music
          A.T. Romano Level 7

BillyMNJ

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

What are your following Classroom in a Book or something else?

If you are using Premiere Elements 11, the SmartSound feature comes with only 10 free soundtracks. Each should have a blue icon associated with it.

What soundtrack of the selection did you select and did it have a blue icon associated with it?

Is the lesson specifying what soundtrack to selection or is it leaving that decision up to you?

Let us start here and then decide what next if necessary.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Lesson 9 Adding Background Music
            nealeh Level 5

It's a bug. You need to follow the instructions at http://www.smartsound.com/support/link.php?id=308 to update your smartsound version to v5.7.5.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 3. Re: Lesson 9 Adding Background Music
              A.T. Romano Level 7

nealeh

Are you saying that you have to go through all that if all you want is one of the free soundtracks (SmartSounds - QuickTracks) and not that Sonic business?

I do not have access to the reference that this user to using so I do not know what the reference is leading this user into. So that is a factor.

Depending on the users reply, we will review the situation further.

ATR

• 4. Re: Lesson 9 Adding Background Music
                BillyMNJ Level 1

Dear Neale,

"You're right on".....I used your link to download the patch v5.7.3 to the SmartSound program and went back through the steps in the lesson guide to insert the background music to the soundtrack lesson and it worked like a charm and as expected and described in the lesson guide.

Much appreciated your reply and many, many "THANK YOU's".........(;->)....

Regards,

BillyMNJ

• 5. Re: Lesson 9 Adding Background Music
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Great news Billy,

That SmartSound Sonicfire Pro (QuickTracks edition) patch should be featured more prominently. I will look into taking Neale's post and creating an ANNOUNCEMENT regarding the need to do the patch. That fixes an issue where a PrE user gets an error message about putting a DVD (part of the installation routine) into their DVD multi-drive - the program is searching for a fully installed and updated SmartSound Sonicfire Pro module.

Thanks for reporting your success, and good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Lesson 9 Adding Background Music
                    nealeh Level 5

Glad to hear it worked. Further to Bill's comment I've been surprised that it a) isn't obviously visible on Adobe's own support site and b) that it isn't applied by the Adobe 'check for updates' routines.

Cheers,
                    --
                    Neale
                    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children.

• 7. Re: Lesson 9 Adding Background Music
                      nealeh Level 5

A.T. Romano wrote:

Are you saying that you have to go through all that if all you want is one of the free soundtracks (SmartSounds - QuickTracks)

Yes.

A.T. Romano wrote:

I do not have access to the reference that this user to using

It is the 'Adobe Classroom in a Book ' that Billy is using.

Cheers,
                      --
                      Neale
                      Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children.

• 8. Re: Lesson 9 Adding Background Music
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

nealeh

Thanks.

ATR