7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2013 6:23 PM by A.T. Romano

Can't change install drive form c: to d;

Gargak7740

Purchased and down loaded Adobe Premiere Elements and c: drive does not have enough room, installer won't let me change to d:.

• 1. Re: Can't change install drive form c: to d;
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Gargak7740

Just how much free hard drive space does your Local Disk C have? How much free hard drive on this D drive? What is the description of this D drive?

We can try to work through your details, but you may also want to contact Adobe Chat for its opinion of your situation, especially since you have purchased online.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=downloading-installing -and-setting-up

I have set up the link so that it should open to  "Downloading, Installing, and Setting Up". Click on the tab that says "I still need help." That will bring up the Adobe Chat pop up.

That is a very effective and professional group which should be able to get at your issue.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Can't change install drive form c: to d;
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I do not have a specific discussion link saved, but I have read previous discussions concerning MAJOR problems if the program is installed to anything other than the C drive

The best advice I can offer from my memory of those discussions is to move data files off your C drive to your D drive to be able to install to C

You also need to know that Premiere Elements creates a lot of temporary files while being used, and lack of space on the C drive after install may also cause problems

• 3. Re: Can't change install drive form c: to d;
              A.T. Romano Level 7

John T. Smith

I have fuzzy recollection of Adobe comments on drive location for Premiere Elements, especially those caught up in SSDs. I know that the classic remarks here have been Premiere Elements program files are best installed on Local Disc C, but....

Providing enough space I believe the bottom line is that you can select wherever (I use the word guardedly), but there will be several Premiere Elements files which go automatic to a given location with or without your consent.

I will see if I can locate the discussion that I remember reading.

Also, it will be interesting to learn the amounts of free hard drive space that are involved in this situation...C as well as D.

ATR

• 4. Re: Can't change install drive form c: to d;
                Gargak7740 Level 1

C: is solid state 500mb free.  can't install to c:  wont let me install to d:.  d: has 300 gb free.  Have Used premiere elements 9 before on d; and just changed all temp file preferences to d;.  Installer notes too small c: and plenty of room on d: , asks that I change file location, but I have selected d: as location all the wathrough attempted install.  Installer won't change, won't continue with instal even with correct d: path.

• 5. Re: Can't change install drive form c: to d;
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Gargak7740

Thanks for the additional information.

Have you had a chance to get through to Adobe Chat (as per my post #1 of your thread)? It would be interesting to get that opinion while we try to work through the issue here.

ATR

• 6. Re: Can't change install drive form c: to d;
                    Gargak7740 Level 1

Sorry but lack of real techsupport is dissappointing.  Have been trying to cancel my order and adobe phone CSR for this has kept me on and off hold for 55 min.  My account has 2 emails on it (1 old and 1 updated) and this caused a glitch in their system, and she had me on hold that long while they worked through the problem.

I hope someone at ADOBE looks over this discussion because this has been some of the worst customer service I have ever had.

Needless to say I will not be having good word of mouth regarding ADOBE and their products.

• 7. Re: Can't change install drive form c: to d;
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Gargak7740

Sorry for the problems that you have run into. Typically Adobe Chat does its work effectively and professionally. I do not work for Adobe and am not affiliated with it in any way. Just a program user like you. It might be to your advantage to give them at least 24 hours to work out the glitches that have popped up in your case. Are you dealing with a supervisor at this point?

By any chance is your Local Disk C partitioned?

ATR