4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2013 3:10 PM by victoriavanpatten

Poor quality encoding on OSX & Windows - Premiere Pro CC & Media Encoder CC

victoriavanpatten Level 1

I run two computers, a Mac Pro and a Qosmio running Windows 8. I was experiencing rendering issues on my Windows 8 machine, using the same presets and settings I always have. Later installed CS6 using my old serial and render quality was fine.

Downloaded CC on my mac and sure enough I get the issue with both of my installed versions of CC and not with CS6. I recorded a simple video in quicktime to demonstrate my issue.

Screen Shot 2013-08-22 at 1.44.39 PM.png

On the left is CC, right CS6. As you can see, my settings are identical. These were rendered in Encoder, but Premiere produces the same results.

Screen Shot 2013-08-22 at 1.46.24 PM.png

These are the final videos opened directly after rendering. Top is my encoded file through CC and the bottom is my encoded file from CS6.

Any ideas? I keep going to support for this issue and either mysteriously lose my connection and am never recontacted or simply ignored and have them render a video and say "I don't see any problem with this" even though I'm seeing the same discrepencies I'm showing above.

Also, it does this for all recorded videos. I made the mistake of using a video recorded in Captivate for a support call once and was shrugged off as it being a captivate error. It does this for all videos, regardless of their source.