2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2013 10:41 PM by zontaluma

Edge Dependencies

zontaluma Level 1

All-

I created an edge file and did a save as.  When i tried to change the click event of a button nothing rendered properly .

The code i changed was commented out so i didn't think it was a problem

I then went back into the file and did a paste of the commented out code.  everything's running as normal

Went through the same process in the original file and same thing happened.  I then added a onMouseDown event and it worked, but when i went back to the duplicated file i got a message that read

something about the the .js and some other file being changed and if i reloaded the comp i'd loose my changes

Things are still rendering fine but i can't delete the onClick event in either file

Thoughts?

`Z

• 1. Re: Edge Dependencies
          heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

Hey Z

1. Is the project 100% an Edge Animate creation?

2. Or did you go File > Open an existing .html file, and then start using the Edge tools?

Darrell

• 2. Re: Edge Dependencies
            zontaluma Level 1

I figured out the problem.  I had a block of code commented out on a click event.  Everytime i deleted the click event code, my app would cease to exist.  It wasn't unitl I started digging in full code mode that i found a comment terminated with a ? instead of */  crazy that edge only picked it up when the other comment was deleted. 

thx,

`Z