4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2013 7:00 AM by Rick Gerard

After Effect blurry and fuzzy !

Nadine_098

Hi plEASE help why my imported ai_illustrator file is blurry and fuzzy in after effects cs6 (retina display) Both render and ram preview are blurry!Screen Shot 2013-08-23 at 7.11.34 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-08-23 at 7.11.05 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-08-23 at 7.11.46 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-08-23 at 7.12.02 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-08-23 at 7.12.07 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-08-23 at 7.12.43 AM.png

• 1. Re: After Effect blurry and fuzzy !
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Enable the "Continuously Rasterize" layer switch (the sun symbol).

Mylenium

• 2. Re: After Effect blurry and fuzzy !
            Nadine_098 Level 1

Hi Mylenium

Thanks for your reply

if you look at the screen shots it is already enable.:(

I am encountering one more issue If you have any idea what is going on. I have imported  Ai file and when I try to create more nested comps out of that,  the illustrator files disapear.

It is so flustrating.

Can you Please help!! Although  I am alreay following suggetions in this thread but none has work for me:(

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/783940

• 3. Re: After Effect blurry and fuzzy !
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

The blurriness could depend on a pixel-based effect you have applied in AI such as a drop shadow. The rest is unclear. Layers don't simply disappear. You may simply use some odd combination of effects and settings or the layers end up in positions way outside the actual comp window.

Mylenium

• 4. Re: After Effect blurry and fuzzy !
                Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Show us the appearance panel from one of your illustrator layers. Select one of the layers in AE and press the u key twice (uu) to reveal all properties of the layer that have been modified and any effects applied, check file interpretation by right clicking an Illustrator layer in the project panel and selecting Interpret Footage and select More Accurate from the other options panel. If the illustrator file is clean then your edges should be fine. If effects are applied in AI or layer styles are used then you must not scale the layers over about 120% or move the camera too close.

interpretFootage.jpg

One other hint, when grabbing screenshots from a mac you can use Cmnd + Shift + 4 to marquis select an area of your screen so the images are not so big. I also resize mine from my MBproR because they are twice the size they need to be for the web. It's also probably not the best idea to give the world the serial number of your mac.