7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2013 7:37 AM by SteveH59

Hello, Elements 11 has shut down twice

SteveH59 Level 1

after quite a few hours of work.

Today it did so after I clicked the 'Render' button.

I am happy to reinstall the application, but wondered about the source of the problem. Windows 7 is telling me that Elements is the problem. This is what my Event Viewer looks like (attached). And this from TechNet (attached).

Best just to uninstall/reinstall Elements 11?

No other program closes here.

Event Viewer.jpg

TechNet.jpg

Thanks, Steve.

• 1. Re: Hello, Elements 11 has shut down twice
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I think you computer needs a major tune-up! Which version of Windows is this? Windows 8?

That said, what model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

How fast is your processor, how much RAM do you have and how much clean, free, defragmented space is on your C drive?

• 2. Re: Hello, Elements 11 has shut down twice
            SteveH59 Level 1

Windows 7.

No camcorder is attached, Steve. It is a .mov file that I have been editing and working on - I completed half of it yesterday without a problem - that is already saved on my hard drive. It has 4GB RAM and a 2.6GHz processor. There is nearly 300GB of free space (over two drives) here (82GB on C and 200+GB on D). I use both drives.

Thanks for your reply.

Steve

• 3. Re: Hello, Elements 11 has shut down twice
              SteveH59 Level 1

If you think it would help, I can transfer a lot of files to D from C and see how that goes?

• 4. Re: Hello, Elements 11 has shut down twice

What project settings are you using?

Have you ensured you have the latest version of Quicktime?

Have you gone to Windows Update and enabled hidden updates and then manually installed these hidden updates for your computer?

Also, you say you have a 2.6 ghs processor -- but what kind of processor do you have on your computer? There is a very big difference between a 2.6 ghz Pentium and a 2.6 ghz i7 quad core!

• 5. Re: Hello, Elements 11 has shut down twice
                  SteveH59 Level 1

In File | Project I was using NTSC DV Standard 48khz and when publishing the file 576 wide x 576 high - 25 frames a second.

I will download QT again, but the movie plays fine in it already. It is not a month old, I am sure.

I am downloading the Updates - they are 'Security Essentials' updates. Can't see any link to hidden Updates, though. Also setting up Windows Backup.

The processor is Intel (R) Celebron (R).

Thanks again!

• 6. Re: Hello, Elements 11 has shut down twice

An Intel Celeron? That's probably not nearly enough power to run this program.

And you still haven't said what model of camcorder this video is coming from -- but 576x576 video is more likely some non-standard source like a FRAPS recording, which can be very challenging for Premiere Elements to work with, even on an adequately powered computer.

I'm not sure there is a solution for your shut-downs on this system, Steve. Sorry. Celeron computers are just not designed for running video editing apps, especially with non-DV video.

• 7. Re: Hello, Elements 11 has shut down twice
                      SteveH59 Level 1

This was originally a VHS (C) download from a Sony Digital Handycam.

OK, well, thanks for your help and advice.

Steve