• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording audio

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2008 Jan 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i use cap.1 and recorded audio w/o any issues. however, i had to copy to rebuild a slide so i imported the audio from the library. audio plays in edit mode but will not play in swf file. any reason why it won't play after it's published? the slides that i did not delete and rebuild work fine.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 16, 2008 Jan 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello rachellea,

Welcome to our community I have seen this many times in Captivate 1. Sometimes the way I managed to get around this was to show the Timeline and then click and drag to move the audio object to say the 1 sec marker and then back position this at the 0.5 second marker.

If this doesn't solve the problem then you could try creating a new Captivate project file and manually copying each of the slides from your existing project into the new file. If one of the slides won't copy then it might mean that your original project has become corrupted.

HTH

Regards - Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2008 Jan 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! i will try this next time. what may have been the issue is that there were 2 pages with the same audio file attached to it. t he first page was hidden and as soon as i deleted that page, the audio worked. does that mean you can't hide pages with audio or is it because it was the same audio file. or was it just a fluke that it started working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 17, 2008 Jan 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi rachellea,

I do seem to recall in Captivate 1 that sometimes hidden slides with audio do get included when you publish. Though I have to be honest and say that I only experienced this when publishing to an Adobe Connect Enterprise Server.

Warm regards,
Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources