1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 24, 2013 1:17 AM by Peter Grainge

Can I add multiple linked documents to an existing project?

MM Acton Level 1

Can I add multiple linked documents to an existing project without breaking the project?

The project I'm working on is due to go live in just a little over a month. I've recently acquired some training materials that contain information that needs to be merged into the help file. The problem is that there is not enough time to do it, get it reviewed, and so on.

So I had this idea of linking to the Word docs (there are 3) for now, then cleaning things up as we go along.

Is that a stupid idea this late in the game?

Would it be better to create a separate help file with just those docs and then merge the projects into a master project?

I am using RoboHelp 9 and Word 2010.

• 1. Re: Can I add multiple linked documents to an existing project?
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

I don't think the idea in itself is silly but I think there might be a nicer solution.

Link the documents to a new project. How is described on my site. Alternatively import them.

Once you have got the topics looking how you want, then import them into your main project. You then have the topics ready to edit later on but for now they can go as they are.

Backup your main project before you start the import so that you can backtrack if you want to.

The TOC will not come in automatically this way but you'll likely want to add the new stuff manually anyway. Alternatively you can import the TOC and then append it.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge